Can't login

I have been suffering from minor and major software problems that have not been fixed for a long time. Recently, I even had problems logging in. I also spent some time reinstalling the program. I have decided to cancel the subscription. I hope it will get better after a while. 🙃🤬

5 minutes ago, gazumped said:

"We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and also for updating this page posthumously rather than in real-time. We understand the importance of timely communication and will strive to improve our update process moving forward."

Empty words 😒

• Sad 1
  • Level 5*
9 minutes ago, Frki2 said:

Nothing there about this...or i am mssing something...in any way i can't log in app for cca  hours already.

6 minutes ago, janndk said:

Empty words 😒

Evernote clearly aren't aware of an issue,  and two users with issues doesn't exactly scream "crisis!" - maybe check out your local connectivity and give us a little more information - you know,  the usual 'device / OS / Evernote version stuff?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Evernote clearly aren't aware of an issue,  and two users with issues doesn't exactly scream "crisis!" - maybe check out your local connectivity and give us a little more information - you know,  the usual 'device / OS / Evernote version stuff?

Well my friend if you would have documents ( old that you need now ) about your diabetes and you cannot log in and you need them urgently  you would scream too. But forget about that, my connectivity is better than super, 5G, phone is iPhone 13 max pro, latest EN version from app store..my problem is that EN is starting to be ***** of a product and you cannot count on it, if and when you need to use it.

16 minutes ago, gazumped said:

You know very well that this is a known issue. 

Android, windows and web. Latest versions.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, PinkElephant said:

All "Login by <you name it>" create an additional layer of complexity.

Use the user associated to your account, log in. You can then erase and freshly setup your login by, if you can't live without it.

Neither way of login to app works. So, login by Gmail, Apple or sign with user email and pass. So, app is totally dead. It starts to login, you get elephant login screen and after that you are returned back to login options. Spiral of death :):)

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Regor said:

I have the same problem.

A lot of people can't log in to Legacy,  since it's been wearing a big red Out Of Date banner for a while.  Try again with v10.

3 hours ago, janndk said:

You know very well that this is a known issue. 

I'm using the same versions via app,  web and Android and am logged in on all three.  And what 'known issue'?  There was an outage.  It got fixed.

• Like 1

I am having issue logging into mobile app on IPhone 

after I select Google and put in my gmail email address and password I get the green elephant then after 2 minutes it goes back to login

i I have removed the app and reinstalled but still can’t login 

I have encountered the same issue, and it seems that I need to first log in from the web interface and then remove the device I want to log in with. After that, I can simply log in by entering my username and password. This is a peculiar problem.

• Like 1

Thanks.

I can't test this at the moment because I've already used up the options I'm allowed to switch between PC and web this month.

In my case, the synchronization between PC and server has been blocked by Evernote for several days.
During this time, I wrote some new notes on the PC that I couldn't access via the web because they weren't synced yet.
Yesterday I logged out of the PC as a test because of the synchronization problem and have not been able to log in since then.

17 hours ago, Regor said:

Thanks.

I can't test this at the moment because I've already used up the options I'm allowed to switch between PC and web this month.

In my case, the synchronization between PC and server has been blocked by Evernote for several days.
During this time, I wrote some new notes on the PC that I couldn't access via the web because they weren't synced yet.
Yesterday I logged out of the PC as a test because of the synchronization problem and have not been able to log in since then.

I have a similar problem. Legacy on Win 7 stopped syncing a couple days ago, I logged out hoping that would help and haven't been able to log back in since. Same error as Regor. I still have access on the web and Android (I pay for the Personal account) but I have a few notes that didn't get synced that I'd love to get back.

• Like 1

That's not the problem in my opinion.
I think that Evernote has been having a massive technical problem for days that they haven't been able to get under control yet.
Evernote should announce this if so.

I receive no response to support requests.

If legacy users were simply switched off without specifying a date and would no longer be able to access their data in order to be able to back it up, for example, I would also consider this to be legally questionable.
That's why I don't think Evernote acts like that.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Every legacy user can access his data without any problems via any v10 client. They (still) sync to the same database.

There is no obligation for EN to keep legacy clients running that are deprecated since 3 years now, as a minimum. As we found out through forum posts, some users are even running clients older than the „official“ legacy clients 6.25 and 7.14.

EN informed legacy users by the (in)famous red banner that they need to take action. About the syncing outage, there was an official post here in the forum, by EN staff.

It‘s not a legal question, because any user still on legacy uses it on his own peril, and out of his own decision. There are no subscriptions running longer than a year - everybody who resubscribed since October 2020 did so knowing that legacy was deprecated, and eventually to be removed. There is no legal aspect regarding access to the users data, and there is no violation of contract.

About how to proceed, everybody can take his own decision.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

It‘s not a legal question, because any user still on legacy uses it on his own peril, and out of his own decision. There are no subscriptions running longer than a year - everybody who resubscribed since October 2020 did so knowing that legacy was deprecated, and eventually to be removed. There is no legal aspect regarding access to the users data, and there is no violation of contract.

Mostly agree.  In our litigious state these days some lawyers could have a ball with this one.  But there's no money in it so methinks we be safe.  🤣

Today is Tuesday and from Sunday i cannot login in my ios app that i pay.

Top service!

UPDATE: so finally after Sunday i managed to log in with email. Which confirms there was error on EN side connected with login, as i did not change or did anything different that hour ago or yesterday. 

Updated Evernote PC 10.63.4 yesterday
Want to test whether the login error has been fixed?
As a result, you will still find errors when logging in with your own account.
However, if you log in using Evernote web and then log in to Evernote PC, you will be logged in immediately without any errors.🤔

• Like 1

After having tried all the resets and reboots etc with no luck a couple days ago, yesterday I changed nothing and signed in no problem first try. Maybe a remnant of that authentication problem they mentioned? Who knows, but at least I'm back in, so I'm happy.

• Like 4
16 hours ago, badmeow said:

After having tried all the resets and reboots etc with no luck a couple days ago, yesterday I changed nothing and signed in no problem first try. Maybe a remnant of that authentication problem they mentioned? Who knows, but at least I'm back in, so I'm happy.

Exactly like me. So obvious Evernote login problem and issue where we could not use our app that we are paying for few days. And Federico who is on forums constantly casually skips that topic. Huray for new Evernote and BS.

• Level 5*

Yeah - Google are busily improving the security of their logins with passkeys.  Apparently.  I'd suggest everyone login to Evernote with Evernote details for the time being until Google sort out their protocols.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Most users report that login works when you skip the „Login by …“, and use the username and password (plus 2FA) related to your account.

Again, that part also did not worked. So, you could not log in in any way, Google, email, Apple, nada. When you would add email and press connect nothing happend. Until few days and that also started to work normally. It was obviously that EN login error. Btw, in the same time my Google login worked on every other app or login i use and that is big number.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a common problem - Evernote diabled SMS in August, but of course never bothered to send an email to customers from what my records show. Now it says you can only login via Google Authenticator which I do not have set up. Thus there is no way to get a backup code. And no way to reach cusomter support without logging in!!!

Yesterday I had a note that I was writing while on the subway get replicated by EN six times (no action on my part - I closed the app, opened it, and there were suddenly 6 new copies of the same note). This morning, I couldn’t even write one - I got an error message upon starting a new note. So I reinstalled the app. Have been unable to log in to EN via direct log in credentials, google, or appleID, since then. Any help to regain access would be appreciated!

I am on ios 16.6.1. And I’m using the free version of EN. 

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, Hyxe said:

writing while on the subway

If you were getting intermittent connections while underground,  that would explain notes being duplicated;  better to work offline (airplane mode) in those situations.  Don't see it has a connection with being unable to log in* - have you tried the 'forgot password' option on Evernote.com?  (Beware if you're a free user that counts as a separate device)

If you continue unable to log in - contact Support (mainly other users here).  It may take some days for them to respond currently,  but if you get a ticket number,  you're in the queue.  Use https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?guest=true - and the issue type "Account" 

*although your intermittent connection could have confused the device count - check the number of connected devices when you can log in again. 

Bought new devices and cannot log in through email+password + email confirmation. Confirmation links do nothing on any app, only I was lucky to get into the web version. Please respond to me ASAP, I've been using your services since 2016. 

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, r1ruslan said:

Bought new devices and cannot log in through email+password + email confirmation. Confirmation links do nothing on any app, only I was lucky to get into the web version. Please respond to me ASAP, I've been using your services since 2016. 

Hi.  We're not Evernote - mainly other users here.  Are you a subscriber?  If not your new device may have exceeded that maximum allowed on the system - see https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/218558068 for more.  If you are a subscriber - try https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new for assistance,  but they are very busy right now.

Hi, I can use evernote on my mobile, but the web version is not available for me, I tried to use Crome and Edge for login, but it said Getting started... but nothing happens even for hours... Does anyone have similar experience? Thanks

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, Janooooooo said:

Hi, I can use evernote on my mobile, but the web version is not available for me, I tried to use Crome and Edge for login, but it said Getting started... but nothing happens even for hours... Does anyone have similar experience? Thanks

Hi.  On what device / OS is Evernote web unavailable?  It's a much more resource-intensive app (you're running a browser within a browser),  hence the preference for an installed mobile version.

Good afternoon.
I was logged into Evernote on my cell phone and suddenly the connection closed. Now I can't log in again. Error message appears. I've already tried with email and password, using a Google account, but it doesn't work. On the computer, it's working.
I use my cell phone a lot and I need to access it through it.
What do I do?

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, ldaniel69 said:

Good afternoon.
I was logged into Evernote on my cell phone and suddenly the connection closed. Now I can't log in again. Error message appears. I've already tried with email and password, using a Google account, but it doesn't work. On the computer, it's working.
I use my cell phone a lot and I need to access it through it.
What do I do?

Hi.  There have been no recent outages that I'm aware of,  so the simplest thing would be to uninstall the app from your phone,  power it off and on again to clear any temporary storage,  and re-download and install the latest app from your phone store.  If you subscribe I suggest you also contact Support to get your place in the faults queue - we're mostly other users here in the Forums,  so can't assist very far with things like passwords or payments.

• 3 months later...
  • Level 5*
21 hours ago, Rev. Godson Impact-wise said:

hi, i am using evernote on windows pc, but cannot login to the app.

Thanks

Hi.  What do you see on screen and what happens when you try?

• 1 month later...

I never had any problems with Evernote on my Android mobile for years. Always smooth.

The app is upgraded, my Android is upgraded. 

I went on a trip to South East Asia using only WiFis on my Android mobile, I kept updating my notes, but they were not syncing.

I returned to my home country, but still not syncing... I restarted to phone multiple times, I closed and reopened the app multiple times, I switched WiFis, etc. but nothing happens. I still get an error saying that it's probably because of my bad internet connection (which is not true, because I can go online with any other app and my internet connection is pretty good, etc.).

Now I logged out of Evernote, to try to log in again, but I cannot even log in anymore as it shows the same error. How is this possible? What to do?

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, pascal_nsw said:

I cannot even log in anymore

Hi.  What version number of Evernote do you have installed?  It appears you are a free user,  and the restrictions on that account are quite strict.  If you normally have access to another device to connect to your account,  does that access still work?

Version 8.13.3.

My Google Play say it's the latest (last update 3 June 2020), there is no button to update.

I use it mostly on my mobile Samsung Galaxy S7 and I sync when I need to use the notes through the webapp (evernote.com).

And yes, I can log in the webapp (evernote.com) and I can see my old notes (no sync).

I would need the latest notes...

---

I assume the updated notes must be saved temporarily somewhere in evernote folders on my mobile (before the sync), can I access them that way?

• Level 5*

Evernote announced over 3 years ago that app versions prior to v10 would stop working at some point,  and unfortunately last week was that point.  There is now no way to sync the content of your phone with the server.  If you can print from the phone,  it may be possible to create PDF files of your unsynced notes and email them to your Evernote account address to be included in your online account.  

I also have an S7 and I uninstalled the Evernote app some time ago.  I can still send clips and notes to Evernote using email,  but the Android OS it supports will not run v10.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005347-Save-emails-into-Evernote

7 hours ago, gazumped said:

Evernote announced over 3 years ago that app versions prior to v10 would stop working at some point,  and unfortunately last week was that point.  There is now no way to sync the content of your phone with the server.  If you can print from the phone,  it may be possible to create PDF files of your unsynced notes and email them to your Evernote account address to be included in your online account.  

I also have an S7 and I uninstalled the Evernote app some time ago.  I can still send clips and notes to Evernote using email,  but the Android OS it supports will not run v10.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005347-Save-emails-into-Evernote

Thanks for your reply. But how to access my unsynced notes?

Yesterday I searched online they recommended to restart the phone, change network etc. and nothing worked.

Another recommendation was to log out and log back in. I tried that as well, I logged out my Evernote app on my phone... but now I cannot log back in anymore because of the false internet connection error.

How can I access my notes to create PDFs or send them to my email?

That's why I asked I assumed the updated notes must be saved temporarily somewhere in evernote folders on my mobile (before the sync), can I access them that way?

• Level 5*

Sorry but you have already done the two worst possible things you could do.  If your notes were not visible in the app on your phone,  then any information would have been held in temporary storage which has been cleared by the restart.  If they were visible in the app,  then it might have been possible to extract them by printing the content.  If you no longer have access either way,  no further action is possible... :(

• Level 5

… this, and there is no login possible any more. This has nothing to do with a bad internet connection - the server won’t answer the login call, and without the authentication from the server the local account will not open.

Regard the unsynced content to be lost.

• Level 5*
47 minutes ago, paulwilfer said:

Hi,

For login problem, we can try logging in using a different browser or device or Contact Evernote support for further assistance. 

Not relevant in this case I'm afraid.

So disappointing... 😒

I thought logging off was harmless because the webapp worked well, my account was never locked or anything and I never had problems.

It seems I have to give up and reconstruct the notes on my own, by memory.

Anyways, thanks for your help.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

@pascal_nsw The web app uses the actual software release, which of course is free to access the server.

So it works, only the old clients are not allowed to access the server any more. I‘m afraid that recreating the notes is the only possible way.

• Sad 1