Text added to existing notes keeps disappearing

I add text to an existing note, and it seems to "save".  Then a little green triangle appears in the corner of said note in the notes list, I go into the note, and it has reverted to an earlier version, without the new text.

It's intermittent, but fairly frequent (happens once every few days, but twice today, on two different notes).

It's like the Android app is saving the changes locally, then "updating" the note by downloading an earlier version over the top.

That little green triangle stays there until I make another update, or modify the note on web or desktop...  but my recent text never reappears.

I'm losing a lot of data like this, and it's getting increasingly frustrating.

I've submitted a ticket to support, but they're just suggesting that I export the note from the Android app, and import it on desktop, which is missing the point that the new data is gone, and there's no point exporting the old version of the note.

• Level 5
10 hours ago, MatC said:

I add text to an existing note, and it seems to "save".  Then a little green triangle appears in the corner of said note in the notes list, I go into the note, and it has reverted to an earlier version, without the new text.

The green triangle indicates that the note has not yet synced/uploaded to Evernote's servers. It might be better to force a sync by "pulling down" on the screen, or going to Settings then Sync. That should assure that your new content gets synced properly.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

The pulling down of the list is not always reliable to start a sync. Try the syncing option in the app settings.

It needs a stable internet connection, of course. And if something is wrong with a note, it can take several minutes, or it doesn’t work at all.

In this case the note is corrupted. You can try to copy the content to another app, erase the note, the log out, restart the app, log in, create a new note and copy the content to it.

Or log out, quit, erase the app, restart the device, reinstall, open and log in. Copy the content back as before.

Yeah, ok, it certainly does seem like the note is getting corrupted, and copying the text to another note is one solution, except the recently added text is gone, so I can't copy that to a new note.  

The issue is, why do my notes keep getting corrupted, and losing recent edits.

It's not just one note either, this has happened to 5 or 6 notes, but dozens of other notes I've created and edited in between those have been fine.

I don't think it's the way I'm using it, as I've been adding text to notes like the same way since 2009 (almost 2,000 notes), and this has only been happening for the last few weeks.

I've uninstalled, deleted data and cache, rebooted and reinstalled multiple times, hasn't helped.

That elephant that's supposed to never forget, seems to be getting pretty forgetful.

Yep, ok, thanks agsteele.  I have actually opened a ticket already, but they don't seem to understand the problem, because they're telling me to export the note from mobile and import it on the desktop, but the issue is that the edits have been lost, so there's nothing to export except the old version that is already in the cloud.

Glad to hear it's not a widespread problem though, I guess.

Thanks for the suggestion, bmcl26, but I don't think that's it.  I also don't edit the note again if the green triangle is there.  

The issue is that I add text to an old (already synched) note, it seems to sync properly (no green triangle), then it later gets a green triangle, and "updates" to an older version, without the new text, and then it gets a green triangle which won't go away.

I am also starting to encounter problems where text added on Evernote for Android v10.54.1 subsequently disappears. I will write something in Evernote for Android and it appears to sync to Evernote for Windows (v10.62.2), and then sometime later it will disappear from both versions. While the missing material does appear in Note History and I have been able to restore it, there appears to be a synching problem with the Android client at the moment. Submitted support ticket.

• Level 5

This is about solving your issue, not how to reach support: On the first page (your second screenshot) below what you posted is another switch. Make sure the new version in „Evernote Web“ is enabled.

Hint: You only see it when you open the account page on the web client. When opening it from the mobile client, this option is not visible - which shouldn’t be a problem when being on the web client.

Support is here: