Evernote AI powered search doesn't work at all

Hello all,

I just enabled the AI powered search and it worked yesterday.

Today I was eager to try some questions about my notes to the AI and got very, very disappointed! The search doesn't work at all anymore.

Also the switch to turn the AI powered search off, is greyed out, see attachment.

Also the help chat is turned of, which really disappointed me again.

I had to switch to web, to use the search again :- ((

Does anyone have a good hint? Can I turn it off somehow?

Thank you a lot.

Volker

2023-09-22 12_01_07-Window.jpg

• Evernote Expert

I still have the AI search option - Windows desktop v10.62.2 Direct Download version.

I click inside the search box and that brings out the option for the Standard or AI Powered Search.

There is no switch to enable the AI Powered Search. You select it in the search process and off you go. Or you select Standard and don't use the AI engine.

Since AI Powered Search is in BETA and is a server function it is possible that it may disappear for a period while the developers make changes, fixes or improvements.

• Like 2

Thank you a lot, agsteele.

This morning the Evernote (win app) showed again the option to use AI or not. Seems to have updated.

Now I use 10.61.10-win-ddl-public

Sorry to say that I will wait some time until I switch it on again ... :- )

Volker

1 hour ago, dannydu said:

the 'go to' search function has disappeared via 'standard search' , making it impossible to 'go to' specific note in search , this must be corrected ASAP

I agree this is very odd. The normal search has been reduced in usefulness. Not only are there no longer suggested notes but you can't use search to find notebooks or tags. The good news is that, provided you are on a desktop version of EN the switch to function (ctrl+q on windows) still gives you suggested notes, tags and notebooks.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, Mike P said:

I agree this is very odd. The normal search has been reduced in usefulness. Not only are there no longer suggested notes but you can't use search to find notebooks or tags. The good news is that, provided you are on a desktop version of EN the switch to function (ctrl+q on windows) still gives you suggested notes, tags and notebooks.

I just got the AI search capability with a computer restart, and the accompanying disablings of standard search came with it. Just to be clear, you can still search for tags in standard search mode, you just have to preface the search term with tag:.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Just to be clear, you can still search for tags in standard search mode, you just have to preface the search term with tag:.

Yes the search syntax still works. However, if you can't remember the exact form of the tag, you now have to search for it in one of the other places (ctrl+Q, the tag pop out Window, or the tag filter). There is no shortage of places to find tags, it was just really useful to have one search that did everything.

The other thing to notice is that if you have already filtered the notes in some way, further use of the search bar used to then only return tags that were relevant to the selected notes. This functionaility (that used to be even better in legacy because t wasn't limited to only three tags) is now completely lost.

• Like 2
  • Level 5
1 hour ago, Mike P said:

The other thing to notice is that if you have already filtered the notes in some way, further use of the search bar used to then only return tags that were relevant to the selected notes.

Can you say more about this? I just went to a notebook and in the search bar searched tag:books* (which returns one particular tag without having to type the whole name). I got just the one note in that notebook with that tag. I also went to the entire Note List, filtered for notes with images, then did that same search and got just the 4 notes with images and that tag.

I do find it annoying that the list of recent searches seems quite incomplete, only appears when you start to type in a new search, and doesn't include searches that start with a keyword such as "tags:"--or just doesn't actually include the most recent searches at all.

17 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Can you say more about this?

Prior to the current version, If you had searched for say one tag and got a filtered list based on that tag, and you then searched for a further tag, only tags that are attached to the notes in the  already filtered list were suggested.

• Level 5
1 hour ago, Mike P said:

Prior to the current version, If you had searched for say one tag and got a filtered list based on that tag, and you then searched for a further tag, only tags that are attached to the notes in the  already filtered list were suggested.

OK. So this is basically a subset of the fact that suggestions are gone altogether?

• Like 1
  • Level 5
On 9/23/2023 at 3:50 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I do find it annoying that the list of recent searches seems quite incomplete, only appears when you start to type in a new search, and doesn't include searches that start with a keyword such as "tags:"--or just doesn't actually include the most recent searches at all.

I stand corrected: the list of recent searches is not incomplete, it now no longer exists at all!! This is very annoying.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I had AIPS yesterday but today, it's gone.  The only option I have is standard search.  I don't have the option for AIPS at all anymore.  Does anyone else have this issue.  Or does anyone know why I might be having this issue?  The update tool indicates I have the most recent version [v10.64.3.64972]. So, I'm not sure what happened.

aips disappeared.JPG