All my shortcuts are gone ....

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I had a nice set-up of shortcuts to model my daily and weekly routines. This evening all but two are gone. The same story on all platforms. Perhaps there is no harm me redoing and rethinking these - thankfully as far as I can see all my Notes, Notebooks and Saved Searches are intact.

What led to this? I needed to present a set of drawings in a public place and thought my old Amazon Fire was a safe and suitable option. I was impressed that Evernote synchronised the necessary notebook and notes, and it looked to be working well, but my advice is to be careful if you are still using that model, for which the Evernote versions are quite old.

I will take this opportunity to simplify my shortcut system!

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
  • Solution

Losing your established shortcuts is not,  as they say,  expected behaviour.  I would suggest contacting Support on this - there have not (AFAIK) been any other reports of this happening in the forums...

• Like 1

I should have tried that, never mind. Am working with a new and shorter list. all is good. I sent a ticket so they are informed. I suppose there might still be a substantial number of users on Amazon Fire. Since the incident, the (new) shortcuts are synchronising well on all platforms including Amazon Fire.

• Level 5

I experienced something weird in the Windows program, v. 10.61.7, yesterday. After not using it for awhile, when I went back to Evernote, everything in the left panel was gone: Shortcuts, Notes, Tags, etc. Just a blank column. I didn't try looking at other clients, but I did a Ctrl+R reload, and everything returned back to normal. No idea if it's related, but it was kind of alarming for a minute.