Unable to create a new note in Evernote iOS app

Since the latest iOS update I am unable to create a new note on Evernote iOS app. Seems to work fine in the MacOS app. Whether snapping a picture from the camera or just creating a blank note, the app hangs during the creation operation and I have to exit. I tried deleting the app from the phone and reinstalling and the behavior is the same. Can anyone advise? Thank you.

• Like 1

Thanks for the answer. I followed your steps and still have the issue. It appears that the "Create Note" screen stays in that blank state (see screenshot) for a few minutes then eventually creates the note. 

Can I ask how to submit a ticket to Support? I can't see how to do that from the app or the website. 

IMG_0058.PNG

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Well, 10.53.1 is out - and it didn’t fix the issue. It still takes between 20-40 seconds on my iOS devices to create a plain, empty new note.

A logout and a forced restart didn’t change anything. It seems the next ticket is needed.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

luckily you are facing the same issues. Same on my iPad, 20-40 seconds to create a plain new empty note.

Unfortunately I tabbed around to much and now it's syncing again my ca. 10.000 notes, which will take ages again ... :-((

3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Well, 10.53.1 is out - and it didn’t fix the issue. It still takes between 20-40 seconds on my iOS devices to create a plain, empty new note.

A logout and a forced restart didn’t change anything. It seems the next ticket is needed.

Is note creation much faster with a disconnected network?

Evernote iOS is unusable at the moment.

Creating a new note takes 40 secs until you can start to enter something.

From your previous comments, I understand that some of you guys have raised a ticket.

Does anyone of you guys know if they work on it and when we can expect to see this issue being fixed?

Cheers,

JustMatt

• Level 5

From informed users (not EN directly) it seems there should be a new release due this week, that should reduce the noise creation time.

Meanwhile I create some unused notes in advance, and pick up one of them when I need one. It‘s a PITA, but it works.

iOS is broken (with no solution per support until the next major release), I have tested across iOS, padOS, W10 and W11.

45-60 seconds for new note or delete

30-45 seconds open a note

This is pretty weak for a paid service SLA wise, I do wonder sometimes if anyone at Broken Spoons uses the platform.