too many logins? are you serious?!

so I accidentally closed Evernote with Command + Q on macbook and, logging in, I'm told I can't because of too many logins?

seriously?

is that my software or yours?

I have the password. I log in. period.

imagine I'm using Evernote for work, I have a deadline and I can't get into my own app?

and by the way I have two-step verification on, getting a code on my mobile, so you keeping me out of my app is doubly bonkers.

this is a bug, get it sorted.

• Level 5*

So with multiple posts here,  someone must have told you we're not Support,  just mainly other users.  As a user I'm pretty happy that Evernote try not to let bad actors muscle their way into my account with multiple attempts at a login.  If the app thinks there have been an unusual number of attempts in a short time,  it declares a time-out.  While that can be frustrating,  it shouldn't prevent you giving it a few minutes to reset.  If you need quick access and have a device that wsn't logged out,  maybe that could be an option.  I've no idea how long the time-out is for - that would be a question for Support.  If and when you find out,  perhaps you could let us know!

- A quick internet search gave me a Reddit thread that suggested this is either to do with using Firefox or the 'old' version of the web view.  When you do contact support,  maybe confirm the usual:  device / OS / EN version and (if it's the web version) your browser.

my mistake, will post on the right platform.

I logged in more than one hour previously, possibly two. that was very early this morning (UK). and so I was logging in only for the second time in the day. and, as stated, I have two step verification. the too many logins barrage is unjustified.

I use Safari. 

and of course, I didn't post on the right platform - went to Evernote teams...ah well.

Evernote help forum not accessible, with too many requests. 

as to third party comment about software ownership: when I rent a flat, it may not be mine, but I'm the master of the house for the time I occupy the flat. I don't do semantics games, unlike some. 

• Level 5

@guycruls Beside this the story posted is not logical. Cmd-Q on a Mac quits the application, but it doesn‘t log a user out of EN.

It keeps the current login, and when opening the app again, it just reconnects, without asking for a login. It will only ask for a login if a user logged out before quitting the app. Or if you leave the „Remember“ box unticked on login (not logical on a protected Mac user account).

If Safari is used, we are talking about EN web client. Here the login can be preserved as well, which usually happens if I close the browser tab (or quit Safari). Next time I open EN and choose sign in on the web site, it will open my notes without a new login.

Since this are 2 completely different ways to access EN, a description with the necessary details is needed to be able to tell anything useful. What works in an installed app will not work for a browser application. And both depend on some settings that may or may not apply.

For starters this is information about the EN Plan, EN client incl. version number, and what exactly was done prior to getting the error message.

This may be more helpful than discussing flat rental. BTW, the owner does nothing. The tenant is searching for his keys …

• Like 2

I have same problem..

I upgrades from Legacy to v.10.

I have Payed PREMIUM acount for more than 10 years...  so no limit on devices...

But more than 5 hours I cant login to new instalation... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 7/11/2023 at 12:44 PM, ferol said:

But more than 5 hours I cant login to new instalation... 

After several days I hope you have managed by now,  but if not please refer to Support here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new (Free users here - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps) -but it's usually easier to use the Support option in the mobile client.  We're mainly other users here in the forums.