The text in my notes disappeared and words like numbers and symbols appeared

باقي 250+
كليو
معجو&#1606 ..

This problem appeared on all my devices and also in Evernote Web, the new version .. But the old one works normally .. Can I know the reason for this .. Also, there are complete notes that have been converted from written text to this image. Can I restore it or convert it back to Text..Thank you for your help

Screenshot_2.jpg

• Level 5

Hello, and welcome to the forums. Unfortunately, these forums are only users talking to each other. To fix something like this you will surely need to contact Evernote support: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. This is for paying subscribers. In your situation, if you are on a free account, it might be worth paying for just one month in order to get help.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Hello, and welcome to the forums. Unfortunately, these forums are only users talking to each other. To fix something like this you will surely need to contact Evernote support: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. This is for paying subscribers. In your situation, if you are on a free account, it might be worth paying for just one month in order to get help.

Thank you Dave-in-Decatur .. I have already done this and talked to many customer service and so far I have not received any solution or serious support .. I came here to ask and also follow up if someone had gone through this experience before to help me more .. again thanks Very much for your reply

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Just an assumption: Could it be that the weird "&#1576" code is in fact just the Unicode denominator of the letter ?

I don't know Arabic or how it is stored in Unicode denomination - but in Latin characters, each letter is represented by a number code as well.

Maybe you can get a Unicode translation table from numbers to letters somewhere, and try to check a few of them, if it makes sense.

If this hypothesis shows to be correct, it should be possible to convert it back from the number codes to letters.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Just an assumption: Could it be that the weird "&#1576" code is in fact just the Unicode denominator of the letter ?

I don't know Arabic or how it is stored in Unicode denomination - but in Latin characters, each letter is represented by a number code as well.

Maybe you can get a Unicode translation table from numbers to letters somewhere, and try to check a few of them, if it makes sense.

If this hypothesis shows to be correct, it should be possible to convert it back from the number codes to letters.

Yes  @PinkElephant .. I assumed that too .. but I do not know how it is stored and I searched more for sites or tools that can transform this matter, but I have not come to anything yet .. I am still searching more and more and I also follow up with support until I am told something .. Thank you very much I would like to ask you also, does Evernote keep a copy of my notes in their archives .. If so, and these notes are lost, is there a copy stored with them in some way or something additional like that that I can request from them
  • Level 5

OK, there is a feature called Note History. You can access it through a desktop client, Windows or Mac.

It stores older versions of any note. It is running on Free accounts as well, just the access is a subscribers feature.

You can try to recover one of the notes. You can both set it back, or create a fresh copy of it, as a new note. You find it in the 3 dots menu top right, Note History. This is how it looks:

image.thumb.png.a2c4580312027d5ec403c2a1a4a6155f.png

• Like 1

Hi @ahmed mohamed,

Thanks for reporting this. We are currently aware of a bug that can cause this if you had the note in Scratchpad and converted it into a note, or if you used Android Evernote widget to create the note. Do you recall how this note was created? From the screenshot seems like it was a webclip, however I'd like to confirm. 

• Thanks 1

Hello,  @SwordFaisal..First, your account must be premium in order to be able to access it..and I think this is a problem in their latest update, and I think they are aware of it now.. and they are trying to work on solving this problem. You can contact support and create a ticket with them.. until this problem is resolved.. you can access your notes normally .. from the old web version, not the new one .. and if any of your notes were lost, you can retrieve them through the notes history as my friend told me .. @PinkElephant.. Thank you pink .. I have reached my missing notes through the notes history .. but this problem still exists. I hope they work on a solution
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello  @Nick L. .. Thank you very much for your interest in this matter .. I would like to inform you that I was using the free version of Evernote and all my notes were created normally from the desktop version and Android. More than 10 days.. and until now, the problem still exists.. I hope that this matter will be fixed, and everything that works will return to normal

• Evernote Expert

I believe that the issue was raised with the support devs via the Evernote Expert team.  It will take some time to resolve.  Even if it is simple, it will require a release of a new application.

Hoping that isn't too long for you but it will not be immediate :(

• Like 1