Sync issue in Android Phone

HI,

I have been using Evernote in my Android phone which Android 10.

Evernote app is updated from the Play Store. The current version is 10.48.

Evernote must be synced properly and automatically, that's why I enabled Auto Startup.

However, most of time;

1. Synchronization is not done automatically.
  2. Sometimes whatever I do on web, duplicate note gets added automatically in the app.

I uninstalled it by Clear cache and Clear data. Then, I reinstalled from the Play Store.

However, issue is not resolved. I have to sync manually from the app.

Please let me know. How to resolve it?

With Regards

NndnG

Welcome to the forums and sorry to hear about your issues. EN 10 on Android is known to still have some syncing issues (being slow, sometimes lagging, duplicating notes even while editing on only one device).

Please note, that EN10 has no automatic background syncing. For syncing to take please you have to open the app, sit and wait to run the syncing process with screen being on. This can last minutes if you did several jobs on the web or other clients as the Android client runs through the whole queue of changes since last time running. You can literally watch this queue in the "recent changes" widget on the EN homescreen while syncing is running. This waiting time is by - bad - design.

If this does not solve the issue. I would suggest now contacting support to let them know. Maybe something is wrong on their end with your account.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

It's disappointing, EN 10 has issue on Android. Which version of EN is recommended for Android?

For better performance, I have done some changes in App info for EN as below.

1. Turned on Auto Startup,
  2. Turned on Run in Background and
  3. Turned on Background data

Let me know,, what I need do more for better performance?

With Regards

NndnG

• Evernote Expert

I previously turned off Work Chat. At the time it improved sync. I've no idea if it still helps although it's still disabled for me.

I'm told that the latest release v10.49.1 is much improved. I don't believe that sync runs in the background.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have sync problems, Evernote version is 10.50.2 and Android 13. I've just updated now in Google Play.

Not only sync problems but I cannot use Android for editing, when I try to do it part of the text is not saved, notes get dupplicated and app doesn't respond.

I opened a ticket in January, it seemed the problem was solved but after a few weeks working OK the problem happens again.

Am I the only one experiencing this problem with Andorid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5
On 4/15/2023 at 12:30 PM, joaquinilzarbe said:

Hi, I have sync problems, Evernote version is 10.50.2 and Android 13. I've just updated now in Google Play.

Not only sync problems but I cannot use Android for editing, when I try to do it part of the text is not saved, notes get dupplicated and app doesn't respond.

I opened a ticket in January, it seemed the problem was solved but after a few weeks working OK the problem happens again.

Help seems to be on the way: https://evernote.com/blog/evernote-pricing-upcoming-features-update/.

On 4/15/2023 at 5:30 PM, joaquinilzarbe said:

Last night, my Android device updated to version 10.50.3 and introduced the new Sync feature. I am currently using a Samsung A70 that is three years old and runs on Android 11. I am pleased to report that the Sync feature now operates almost instantaneously. Additionally, EN V 10.55.2 runs much smoother.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1