Evernote and Microsoft Teams

I have a paid personal account that I just started using at work. I’m the only person that uses Evernote. Prior to EN, I was keeping my tasks in an Excel spreadsheet which was shared w my manager so she could see what I’m working on. I need to be able to continue to share this information w her. We also use Microsoft Teams at work. Is there a way to make all of my tasks create their own notebook or note that I can share with her on MSTeams? Or can I share my task list with her? 

• Level 5*
On 2/4/2023 at 3:53 PM, KCAngi said:

Is there a way to make all of my tasks create their own notebook or note that I can share with her on MSTeams? Or can I share my task list with her? 

Hi.  As I understand it,  all Tasks are note based;  so you should be able to create a new note,  add one or more tasks as required,  and assign that note to whatever notebook you wish.  Here's more - Tasks Overview – Evernote Help & Learning

• Like 1

Unfortunately, that won't work. She doesn't want to see all of my notes, just a list of tasks. I also do not share all of my tasks with her, which Is why creating a notebook for her would work great, but I need to be able to hide it from my task list. Is that not possible? My hope is to find a solution that allows me to do everything I need inside Evernote. Otherwise, I will be forced to repeat my efforts by copying and pasting specific tasks back into Excel.

• Evernote Expert

The Tasks pop out from the sidebar shows all the tasks in your account. There is no means to hide some tasks and show others.

If you create a single note called Work Tasks you can create all your work tasks in that single note. You can then share that note with your boss and she will be able to see it although I don't know how it is displayed when shared. You'd have to try it and see.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, KCAngi said:

Otherwise, I will be forced to repeat my efforts by copying and pasting specific tasks back into Excel.

Final suggestion - since you can attach an Excel file to a note,  could you simply keep one note open in its own window so you can open the attached Excel file and add/ change task details?

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to create a single note as recommended and just proved a simplified list. However, it is not sharing on MS Teams. It allows me to chose a note to share within MST, but then it doesn't display it. I've attached what I am seeing below.Capture.thumb.PNG.aa20ce871f7343aa554088ed4cefedec.PNG. I have contacted EN support and am awaiting a response from them. 

• Level 5

It is not unheard of that only a general use error page shows. Ask some Free users who forgot about the device limit.

Not sure why it may have temporarily worked. We have something similar with the „send a note as an email“: Free users get 5 mails for trial, and then it stops.

You can ask both questions at support.

Had no issue with the personal subscription... upgraded to professional... still no issue .... suddenly it happened and I haven't managed to get rid of the problem... in dozens of notes I shared to MS Teams still get the "Sorry" error... Notes are accessible from web or Evernote client with no problem... I can even still add a new Evernote note in teams anytime... just when it opens it doesn't show...

@mkadmin are you seeing the same screen as I posted above? I've been working with EN support and EN developers. They are still trying to determine what is causing the issue. I will also share your info with them and post on here when a resolution is reached. 

@KCAngi yes... same screen, same thing.

Last thing I tried was to create a free account and login with this... but when requesting access I got: 

{"success":"false","reason":"csrf_failure"}.

Maybe free accounts can't access Teams....
Unless, Evernote developers did this:
Started with no restrictions for share and collaboration per subscription and then had to redesign the plans with different access rights...

• Level 5

On the EN Integrations page on the EN website it says all over „Integration of EN Teams with MS Teams“. On the „Compare plans“ page the integrations with Slack, Salesforce and MS Teams is only listed for the Professional plan, beside EN Teams.

The question if it works on a Free account is clearly answered: The integrations are greyed out on the Compare Plans page for Free and Personal.

Short answer: NO, it doesn’t work on Free.