• Level 5

Others may have reported similar problems before, but I haven't located those threads. Today I created a new note in the Android app (old version, v. 8), starting with a couple of images. I added some text, then edited it in the Windows app (v. 10.47). When I returned to it in the Windows app this evening the two images were both gone, though they appeared in the thumbnail. I found the note, with images intact, in Note History, then exported it from there and re-imported as a new note. The images were and remain intact in this note. Even in the original note (since moved to Trash) the images show up in the Web client and the Android app. In the Windows app, there are only blue-outline placeholders for them, much too small for the size of the images. Just reporting it in case others have such an experience.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I'm also waiting for 10.48 with my current installation seeming happy that 10.47 is 'up to date' - I didn't initially have the time to go through the usual uninstall / reinstall routine,  and now I'm mutinously holding out for the update.  How long can it take to cycle through 250M or so users...???  ;)

• Haha 1
  • Evernote Expert

Personally, I'm not convinced the auto update process is all that reliable. So when I hear that a new release is available I grab it an install if there isn't a flurry of problems reported.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Maybe I invest a little time to get what I want, and by doing so I rarely ever see an „update now“ message other users report as annoying.

But there is another issue in THIS case: v10.48 first got released as v10.48.4

We then had several threads here in the forum that users could not get beyond the „loading“ page. This was a mistake somehow hidden in that point-version. By updating to v10.48.5  the problem was resolved. I always wondered if that number behind the second point did mean anything, or was just a sort of checksum. From this event we can now say this last number means something, and can stand for different versions.

• Like 2