Evernote Web Clipper report the error message when try to clipper one web page

The Evernote Web Clipper report the error message as below:

SRLZ/12

Failed to execute 'querySelectorAll' on 'Element': 'iframe:not(.en-serializer-ignore, .evernoteIFrame)' is not a valid selector.

It will report this error message when i try to clipper every web page.

My OS version as below:

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    21H2
Installed on    ‎1/‎7/‎2021
OS build    19044.2006
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

And my chrome version as below:

version 83.0.4103.61 (64 bit)

And my evernote web clipper version as below:

Version:   7.27.0.412-aee3027

I don't know how to resolve this issue and i can't clipper some useful web page a long time.

8 小時前, Dave-in-Decatur說:

Welcome to the forums. I haven't encountered this, but perhaps the first thing to try would be to uninstall the Web clipper extension and then re-install it. Perhaps something has become corrupted in it.

Thanks for your suggest! I already do that as your suggest, but it can't work for me. 

• 1 month later...

I keep getting this same error. I work on more than one computer which Evernote seems to think is very confusing (duh). This may or may not contribute to the problem but I think this issue arises when your log in times out. It seems to now have a 30 day limit (or shorter?), and if you work across a number of machines this is a possible cause of timeouts throwing errors. But yes, it's not only the OP that is getting this problem. I never used to get this an have been using Evernote for years.

• Level 5

Hmmmm …

Can‘t reproduce this experience. The 30 day login period is there since a long time, maybe it was not enforced. I use EN on several computers, and have not yet encountered the problem.

When getting a message from the engine room (like the one posted above), the safe method is to contact support.

@PinkElephant, yeah its weird. Im not saying my suggestion is either replicable or the only solution but it does sort out this issue for me, at least temporarily. I didnt say it had been happening since timeouts were introduced, just recently (say last 2 or 3 months). I never had the problem before that. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

I think this should go to support. They can say from where in the program code the message did originate.

It has an error code SRLZ/12 which means that somebody coding took the precaution that something can go wrong in this place, and installed a catcher that creates a human legible error message. Not a bad point to start with when tracking something like this down. 

On 10/19/2022 at 10:21 AM, hfy19861104 said:

And my chrome version as below:

version 83.0.4103.61 (64 bit)

Your version of Chrome dates back to May 2020  The Latest version of Chrome is Version 108.0.5359.125 (Official Build) (64-bit) you might want to try and update it and see if this helps.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
On 12/21/2022 at 4:27 PM, cathrynteasley said:

I have exactly the same problem with the Evernote WebClipper (Firefox 78.15 , Mac OS X 10.11.6) and I would really like to find a solution. Thank you.

Just to mention it (didn’t realize it when I posted first): This Firefox version is way outdated. The current version is 108, if I am not mistaken.

The same is true for the MacOS version, current is MacOS 13 (Ventura).

Nobody should expect the new web clipper versions to work with any combination of outdated OS and browsers. There is no rule that backward compatibility must be secured - sometimes it even runs contrary to newer versions, for example for security reasons.

14 hours ago, bmcl26 said:

Your version of Chrome dates back to May 2020  The Latest version of Chrome is Version 108.0.5359.125 (Official Build) (64-bit) you might want to try and update it and see if this helps.

Not sure who youre talking to here but my chrome literally updated a few minutes before I got the error (again). 

• Level 5*

Just dropping in to say I use Edge,  which is now based on Chrome - my current version 108.0.1462.54 (Official build) (64-bit) - and I have no issues with Clipper.  There is the occasional rogue page which due to bad or overly protective coding won't clip correctly,  or at all.  Then I'll run through the work-arounds like copy / paste,  printing to PDF,  Nimbus screenshot,  or the zillion other websites that offer to copy a web page for you.

If you have a particular continuing issue and you've tried restarting the browser / the device / clearing caches / reinstalling Clipper / updating evrything..  

I'd say raise it with Support (remembering that 90% of the world is on holiday over the year end*).  Do specify your device, OS, Evernote version, Browser version and the URL(s) with which you're having issues.

* You'll get a ticket number,  which means you have a place in the queue.  They'll get to you.

5 hours ago, Penworks said:

Not sure who youre talking to here but my chrome literally updated a few minutes before I got the error (again). 

That quote was from the OPs post.   As his Chrome Browser was over 2 years out of date and as the We Clipper had also been updated since then I was offering advice that this "may" have been the cause of his problem.   

I have been using Chrome for several years with the Web Clipper and have never had any issues.

• Like 1