Call for Evernote to provide a Sync Now button TODAY

The newer version of Evernote has numerous bugs in syncing as well documented by other posts in this forum. The rational solution at this moment is to ask Evernote to provide a Sync Now button in their app. Please replace the rarely used setting button by a Sync Now button (with the current sync status) asap. Evernote please take this action. The nasty sync bugs are forcing the users to abandon Evernote. 

image.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5

And you think a button will solve anything ?

If syncing works, nobody needs it. And if it doesn’t work, pressing a button that makes it repeat a mistake will do no good.

What did you say a button would solve ? Oh yes, one more element to toggle. Makes some users feel better when they can DO something.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

And you think a button will solve anything ?

If syncing works, nobody needs it. And if it doesn’t work, pressing a button that makes it repeat a mistake will do no good.

hmm, sometimes EN doesn't sync because it doesn't realize that there is something to sync (due to a race condition bug), or the polling frequency is to slow.

In these cases a manual forced sync may be useful, and that's exactly what has been provided in the clients : ctrl + shift + R  (for the windows client)

There are definitely quite a few posts requesting a sync button and lots of posts complaining about syncing in general. Hopefully Evernote's CEO statement of a sync overhaul in 2022 (or at least not too far into 2023) happens and is a significant improvement and would then alleviate the feeling of need for a sync button. I think if syncing just worked faster/better, then nobody would think they need a sync button.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

The Home Screen features are AFAIK located on device. You can have a different layout on every device. If you want to sync the scratchpad content, convert it into a note. Notes sync across devices.

Hint: Learn what the features you use can do - and what they can’t do. Complaining that something is missing that is not included by design is off the point.

• Evernote Expert
11 minutes ago, ceejayt said:

Scratchpad does sync , eventually.  It is not device specific.  What happens is that at some point Evernote either syncs it or shows two versions and asks which to keep 

Yes, I have a similar experience. But I really don't find scratchpad useful so it isn't a big deal for me.

9 hours ago, agsteele said:

Yes, I have a similar experience. But I really don't find scratchpad useful so it isn't a big deal for me.

I often make a note in my phone when I am out and then want to check it when back at my desk so find it frustrating.   I have mostly stopped bothering   Seems there is no immediate solution as cannot force sync 

Scratchpad should sync. Just tested it multiple times and takes around 10 seconds to replace text on the desktop app from entering it on my phone.

Do you close the app on your phone before it has chance to sync?