why my note is shared?

Suddenly one of my notes is shared in Evernote. I thought I accidently turned on the sharing function so I just turned it off. Then, a few days later, it was shared again. I thought my account was hacked, so I changed the password and upgraded the security, it didn't work.  I used sharedate:* and found that there're some notes were shared without my permission. Why? Does anyone know how to solve this? Thank you. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Yep,  me too;  what it means is that the URL of the note could open that note directly - if someone had access to the URL in the first place.  Evernote accounts are pretty secure - try searching for a keyword in the oldest version of your shared notes for reassurance. 

I've still got a bunch of allegedly shared notes in my account - hopeful that Support will kill the 'shares' at some point...

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 8/30/2022 at 4:14 PM, myt15 said:

Suddenly one of my notes is shared in Evernote. I thought I accidently turned on the sharing function so I just turned it off. Then, a few days later, it was shared again. I thought my account was hacked, so I changed the password and upgraded the security, it didn't work.  I used sharedate:* and found that there're some notes were shared without my permission. Why? Does anyone know how to solve this? Thank you. 

This happened to me. I solved the problem by disconnecting from IFTTT. 

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, eric99 said:

yep, I also have unexpected shared notes, why is this potential security whole still there?

Hi.  Have you raised this with Support,  and do you know for certain what caused your notes to be marked as 'shared'?

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Have you raised this with Support,  and do you know for certain what caused your notes to be marked as 'shared'?

No, I haven't raised this with support since I assume you already did when you discovered it in august?

I never share notes, so this is caused by EN.

edit: I don't give other apps access to my evernote like IFFFT or Filterize

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, eric99 said:

No, I haven't raised this with support since I assume you already did when you discovered it in august?

I did.  And their first suggestion was: to kill any third party access I had allowed - which seemed to be the issue in other users' experience here.

1 hour ago, eric99 said:

I never share notes, so this is caused by EN.

But you haven't apparently given them any chance to work out why and how this happened - because you already dismissed other apps...

If you want it fixed - you need to help fix it.

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

But you haven't apparently given them any chance to work out why and how this happened - because you already dismissed other apps...

If you want it fixed - you need to help fix it.

I didn't express myself well, I never had  an app  like IFFFT,  Filterize or anything else that may access my evernote. I just don't want third party apps reading my data.

The only explanation is that it's caused by a V10 bug.

• Evernote Expert
13 minutes ago, eric99 said:

The only explanation is that it's caused by a V10 bug.

There are several explanations that are possible but you seem only willing to consider the bug option. 

You really need to work with the support folk to find out what is going on.

• Level 5

Hmmmm - if I remember it correctly, we had cases of shared notes, that in fact were not shared, but look like it.

I can't remember an outcome of the story, but if this happens, I would call it a bug myself. Question is what support says - since sharing works through the server, I think it makes sense to involve support, because they can check.