My new templates are not showing up?

garnold

Idea

Running version 10.40.9 on my Mac

Previously I have been able to create a note, save it as a template an then apply that template to a new note by clicking the Open Gallery -> My Templates path. Now for some reason my new templates are not showing up? I created a note, used the "Save as template" option and that's where the story ends. These new templates are not showing up in my templates. Has something changed?

12 replies to this idea

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

How many own templates have you saved in total ?

There is a cap of 20 personal templates.

I only have 3 and now the 4th will not show up in the list.

• Evernote Expert

The first thing would be to install the newest application version 10.41.4

Once that is done, and assuming things still don't work try rebuilding your data. File / Sign Out / Remove Evernote data.  Some users recommend restarting your computer before signing back in. Evernote will then rebuild your data.

Log onto the web version and see if they have been created and sync'd.

If yes then they're being created and it's an issue locally.

Maybe close the app/reboot/reopen to see if they're there.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jon/t said:

Log onto the web version and see if they have been created and sync'd.

If they then they're being created and it's an issue locally.

Maybe close the app/reboot/reopen to see if they're there.

I'll give this a shot. I have confirmed that they are there in the web but also in the web I cannot use them as a template so kind of odd?

1 hour ago, agsteele said:

The first thing would be to install the newest application version 10.41.4

Once that is done, and assuming things still don't work try rebuilding your data. File / Sign Out / Remove Evernote data.  Some users recommend restarting your computer before signing back in. Evernote will then rebuild your data.

I'll give this a try. I'm running a Mac and when I have done an upgrade check Evernote stated that I'm on the current build so I'm not sure if the build you mentioned is available for Mac.

I'm seeing some weirdness with the Templates on MacOs. Created a custom template, and I have to click through the Gallery to use the new Custom Template. There should be a way to pre-load your custom templates to make it easier to Quick Launch a Template.

Ideally, Custom Templates should be easier to Select here.. 

image.png.14d3df8a591450e63fc4df6b309c999c.png

• Level 5

It is the same with most apps I know that have a template option. They put the users templates into an own section, and more often than not it is the last section that displays in the templates view.

I agree this could be improved, especially because you can’t preselect one of your own templates to the templates shortcuts.

To reach EN staff, issue a support ticket, or use the feedback function.