• Level 5

For some reason, the evernote.exe program file and its associated files are hidden away in C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Programs\Evernote, instead of in Program Files. Does anyone know why that might be? Not an issue--just really curious.

• Level 5

It was similar with legacy - the app always was somewhat special in the way it installed and showed. When I needed an entry to the task bar, for example, I went to the Start menu and created a link from the entry there.

• Level 5
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

It was similar with legacy - the app always was somewhat special in the way it installed and showed. When I needed an entry to the task bar, for example, I went to the Start menu and created a link from the entry there.

Well, I don't know.... On Windows 7, the legacy version (v. 6) is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote, very standard. To install a program under AppData seems very different from how Windows programs usually operate. Legacy has various kinds of, well, app data there, but no executables.

• Evernote Expert

I think setting programs and data in the  %LocalAppData%\Programs and %AppData% structures is now a standard option although many/most still use the old Program Files or Program Files (x86) directories. Both are correct or at least neither is wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Thanks, @agsteele. I fortunately don't have to keep up with these things, so I was surprised. The only other folder in AppData\Local\Programs\ is an empty one called Common. But I haven't installed much software on this laptop yet, so I'll be interested to see what happens when it gets loaded up.