Pressing 'End' takes cursor to end of paragraph instead of end of line

Hi,

Windows client.

Problem: Pressing the 'End' key moves the cursor to the end of the paragraph instead of the end of the line - like it used to, and like every other app I've used does.

Since update to: 

10.32.4-win-ddl-public (3265)
Editor: v143.0.17719
Service: v1.49.2
(or could have been happening before that version too)

Is anyone else seeing the same?

• Evernote Expert

As an aside the same applies to Home in reverse. At the end of a paragraph hit Home and you go to the start of the paragraph.

The Shift+End thing that @MikeP noted is a default OS setting to highlight a line. Again the same works with Shift+Home.

17 minutes ago, drewster said:

I just updated to 10.33.5 from prior version and problem not fixed.

I wouldn't have expected a resolution since I don't think anyone has reported it in a support ticket.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, agsteele said:

As an aside the same applies to Home in reverse. At the end of a paragraph hit Home and you go to the start of the paragraph.

The Shift+End thing that @MikeP noted is a default OS setting to highlight a line. Again the same works with Shift+Home.

I wouldn't have expected a resolution since I don't think anyone has reported it in a support ticket.

Thank you 🙂

How do I submit a support ticket? I don't see a link to do that here in the forums, nor see an option in the app. Feeling vision-challenged now.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Fixed!

Now running 10.37.3-win-ddl-public (3394) and 'end' key works as expected again.

....really can't quite believe that something that basic got through testing..assuming Evernote actually *do* test...?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

What is your logic - you see something fixed, and all you have to say is "mimimi".

Thanks for nothing !

Not sure that's a particularly helpful reply thanks.

• Level 5

My reply was intended to reflect on your useless remarks about whether EN runs a QA. They wouldn't be able to release a working new version ever 2-3 weeks if the didn't. So it was again one of this disrespectful remarks some people use to garnish their uttering. The world is IMHO a better place without.

Just an observation ...

2 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

My reply was intended to reflect on your useless remarks about whether EN runs a QA. They wouldn't be able to release a working new version ever 2-3 weeks if the didn't. So it was again one of this disrespectful remarks some people use to garnish their uttering. The world is IMHO a better place without.

Just an observation ...

Evernote has so so many issues like that and basic text editing is such a basic fundamental feature that they really shouldn't be getting wrong that I think that is more than fair criticism. If they are updating text editing code they should have automated regression testing - manual or automated - which makes sure this basic stuff doesn't get broken.

But whatever - I came here to contribute to improving Evernote for everyone by reporting an issue, and then updating to note that it was now fixed in the version I was running. I didn't come here to get into a pointless argument and get abuse from you. Please don't waste everyone's time by replying again unless it's about "Pressing 'End' takes cursor to end of paragraph instead of end of line".