Internal notes link in Tasks and other related with

Carmine

Idea

Hello,

I am really enjoying the new tasks but I discovered that now it's impossible to add an internal EN note's link inside of them: can you please fix this?

Also I would like to have more "space" to write tasks. Sometime I have to write long tasks and I am forced to compress them as it is possible to use a limited number of words on them.

Thank you for your support, have a nice day and a wonderfull 2022.

Carmine

• Like 1

15 replies to this idea

I'm seeing this same behavior on MacOS v10.31.6 and Windows v10.30.6:

image.png.a19cb37f3f6a40b45a3dcfe0fbbcd331.png

Those two links in the above screenshot both link to "My Note B", but I copied and pasted the same note link in both places (in the task and in the note). In the task it will only show as the URL and not as the note text like it does outside of the task. (Is that expected?)

• Like 1
On 2/17/2022 at 2:47 AM, Jack Lynch said:

🤔We added this a while back. Is it not working for you? If not, could you provide more detail?

Hey Jack - so what we see is that the link is usable in the Tasks List window, but not from inside the task itself. So obviously the utility is still there, just not the aesthetics.

Screenshot 2022-02-21 07.34.32.png

Screenshot 2022-02-21 07.34.58.png

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Jack Lynch said:

@Neil Maxfieldand others, I looked into this and it is actually a big lift technically, so it would slow down our ability to work on other high-demand features. Just pointing out: the links are editable while you are editing the task in the note. Hopefully that's a decent workaround.

Thanks Jack, appreciated

3 hours ago, RayneS said:

I'm unable to set up links in tasks. There isn't even an option for that for me. Evernote is updated to the latest version, so not sure what the issue is.

You can not set up a text link, you can only put the full url in at this time. And it must be on the task title. Have you tried that? 

• Like 1
On 2/26/2022 at 4:18 PM, buckethead said:

You can not set up a text link, you can only put the full url in at this time. And it must be on the task title. Have you tried that? 

Ah okay, now I understand. Just did that, so it works... Just looks horrible. Hopefully they can pretty it up soon.

• Like 1

So I learned that if you just paste your links in, you can then highlight them all and add check boxes to them with the blue insert button. This is helpful as a to-do list if you're not needing to assign the tasks to anyone. 

image.png.71eb35330d122e16f513f185edaab58d.png

image.thumb.png.9e87731a03e2b5a116fc52ac9e8b7ead.png