Evernote Personal (formerly Premium) annoys with device limit popup

Hi there,

I use Evernote on 4 devices (2x Android, laptop with WIN 10 and desktop computer with WIN10). I've always had Evernote Premium, which has now been automatically converted to Evernote Personal.

Today, September 4th, I got the message several times with Evernote 6.25.1.9091 (309091) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954) that my "device limit was reached" and that I should "upgrade" Evernote.

I received the same message this week on the Android smartphone.

I have Evernote Personal.
There is no device limit there.

Then what is the point of this annoying message that my device limit has been reached?
How can I turn this off?

And NO, I will NOT upgrade to Evernote 10 because I need to work smoothly and reliably and NOT the buggy version 10 with so many bugs and features that were in Evernote 6 and not in version 10, as we all can read in hundreds of posts about the new version.

But before I switched to Evernote Personal, I had a paid Evernote Premium that didn't have a device limit and I want to keep it that way in the future!

Any idea what is about that annoying popup of device limits???

Thanks.

ever1.jpg

Thank you, I already wrote to the support and their answer from today is just that I need to update to latest version (10).

Not very helpful, because neither with former Evernote Premium nor with Evernote Personal I have a device limit.

• Level 5*

It may be that Support already know that this bug exists,  and has been fixed in the latest version;  so their reply may have been exactly the answer you need.

If you're unable to update via the app,  you could simply uninstall the current version from your system and download / reinstall the latest one from Evernote.com.

• Level 5

There is no device limit for subscribers.

EN support AFAIK is advised to tell everybody with a legacy problem to upgrade to v10 - no matter what the problem is. They have completely stopped support for legacy, they will not try to solve a problem, and there are no more bug fixes. So this answer has nothing to do with an analysis of your problem - it is just the standard answer, from the text block archive.

There may be a bug on legacy that shows such a message. In this case your only option is to uninstall and reinstall. Use an uninstaller like Revo Uninstaller to purge all parts of your installation. Make sure before that you are synced to the server, and that you have a fresh backup of all local notebooks, because they will be erased as well.

Or - sorry to say that - upgrade to v10.

After you have installed v10, you can reinstall legacy then. I run both in parallel, and never had a device limit issue.

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
14 minutes ago, gazumped said:

It may be that Support already know that this bug exists,  and has been fixed in the latest version

Ouch.  Sorry - missed the version info.  @PinkElephant is (of course) right - Evernote have decreed no support for older versions,  so that's stock advice.  What you do need Support to confirm is:  what's your account status?  Is it possible your payment method has expired and you've reverted to Free?  As above,  you can also check this yourself from Evernote.com.

• Like 1
On 9/5/2021 at 12:49 PM, gazumped said:

Is it possible your payment method has expired and you've reverted to Free?  As above,  you can also check this yourself from Evernote.com.

no, I am at "Personal" status, not free

• Like 1