Allow inserting current date as a string

diabloneo

Idea

Confluence allows user to insert a date string by typing // (two slashes). When I writting notes, it's very much likely I need to insert a date here or there. I prefer to insert using a shortcut rather than pressing "2021-09-01".

Thanks.

7 replies to this idea

28 minutes ago, diabloneo said:

Confluence allows user to insert a date string by typing // (two slashes). When I writting notes, it's very much likely I need to insert a date here or there. I prefer to insert using a shortcut rather than pressing "2021-09-01".

Thanks.

alt-shift-D works on the web and desktop versions. Unfortunately you cannot change the format of the date. ctrl-shift-D inserts the time.

• Level 5*

However there are text expanders like cross-platform app Phrase Express that can insert dates and / or times to any pattern.  Mine include 20210902 1052 with one keypress.  I use that a lot.

Also browser extensions like Text Blaze which do the same,  and are easier to set up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gazumped said:

However there are text expanders like cross-platform app Phrase Express that can insert dates and / or times to any pattern.  Mine include 20210902 1052 with one keypress.  I use that a lot.

Also browser extensions like Text Blaze which do the same,  and are easier to set up.

This is a good idea. I will try Text Blaze. Thanks.

• Like 1

The current "Insert Date" command is terrible. We just want "MM/DD/YY" and it inserts a full line of text to identify the date: "Thursday, 20th of July of the year 2021, partly clouded with 20% chance of raining"

A plain 09/02/2021 would be enough

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Eduardo E said:

We just want "MM/DD/YY" and it inserts a full line of text to identify the date...A plain 09/02/2021 would be enough

Speaking only for myself, I need dates formatted as yy-mm-dd   
I use a text expander app on my Mac (Keyboard Maestro)

The right to use the editorial ‘we’   
Royalty,  presidents, editors
Pregnant women
People with a tapeworm
Schizophrenics

• Like 1