Outlook Calendar Integration

• 1 month later...

I'm returning with Evernote hoping that this is a great note-taking and organizing tool but, as others said, I have 99.9% of my meetings in Outlook Calendar so I'll be anxious waiting for that native integration. I'm evaluating moving from Priority Matrix to Evernote subscription and that integration is one of the "must" that I need to stay. At this time I'm paying both subscription while I'm evaluating Evernote Professional. 

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Merhaba,

Bir süredir uğraşıyorum ancak çözemedim. Şirket outlook ve takvimiyle nasıl senkronize etmem gerekiyor? Yardımınızı rica ediyorum. Aksi halde kullanmaya maalesef devam edemeyeceğim.

Teşekkür ederim.

• Level 5

Merhaba,

currently there is no integration with Outlook, or any other Calendar apart of Google Calendar. EN says they are working on an Outlook integration.

If you want to sync any other calendar, you need to create a Google calendar first. Sync your existing Calendar to the Google calendar, then sync the Google calendar to you EN account.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/tr/articles/1500009437482-Evernote-Google-Takvim-e-Genel-Bakış

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

Then you don’t need a deadline any more - or do you really think such a forum post would lead to frantic dev action ?

I use the mail forwarding to my EN mail address to move mails into my EN account. Maybe not good enough for commercial use, no idea.

• 4 weeks later...

Outlook and Apple Calendars are on the roadmap with Outlook features coming first as there is more of a demand for it. No dates, but it has been mentioned by staff here in the forums as others have pointed out. I know it's frustrating with no timeframe, but it is coming.

• Like 6
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5

Better get something fast, than everything never (or late).

And why should business use cases be the measure ? A dollar is a dollar is a dollar, no matter if it is spend out of a private pocket or from a companies account. 

My personal preference would be the Apple calendar - but probably everybody has a perfect preference here, because usually people use one calendar software (with different calendars). 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 8/19/2021 at 8:56 PM, mdnetti said:

Is there any talk or timeline on an integration with Outlook calendar? 99.9% of my meetings are on Outlook, and would love to utilize this functionality - have been testing it with Google calendar and it's great. 

I use 4Team Sync2 for Microsoft Outlook to synchonise with Google Calendar I have Google Calendar on my phone and can access it on the web and obviously have Google Calendar connected to EN and changes made in either Outlook, Google Calendar either on web or on phone Sync (currently set to every 10 mins) but easy to invoke a sync at any time if you want instant sync.   Very happy with it.

• Like 1
On 8/19/2021 at 8:56 PM, mdnetti said:

Is there any talk or timeline on an integration with Outlook calendar? 99.9% of my meetings are on Outlook, and would love to utilize this functionality - have been testing it with Google calendar and it's great. 

I use Outlook as my main Calendar on my desktop, and used to sync it to my mobile phone (Android) using Samsung's smart switch.  This involved physically connecting my phone to the PC using a USB Cable.  When EN got the ability to connect to google Calendar, I did a bit of research and found a nice little programme produced by 4Team, called Sync2, which Syncs my Outlook Callander on my PC to Google Calander and Vice Versa.  I now have Google Calander running on my Phone & Tablet.   Sync2 works away in the background and keeps all my Calendars Synced every 10mins without taking any action or if I have just made an addition or deletion I can manulally invoke a Sync immediately wthout having to wait the ten mins.  Syncs Contacts and Tasks as well.  So I can now enjoy my Calendar synced to EN as well

• 3 weeks later...

Adding in another +1 for the integration with Outlook calendar.

Am very much looking forward to that day. All my personal stuff is in Google calendar, but all my work is in Outlook so having both integrated with Evernote will be a huge benefit. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've actually stopped using Evernote and moved over to Notion - mainly because of lag and sync issues. I know Notion doesn't have a calendar integration, but they have a calendar view of notes. So, I keep my calendar open and quickly click on the day to create the meeting note - it's not as convenient as an integration, but it's the best solution I have and I really like it. In addition, Notions latest update has made the app faster, it's been a really good solution for my workflow. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After a very long time waiting for this feature and paid for app for last few years I decided to switch to Notesnook. Notesnook doesn't have such feature also, but they don't even try to go this approach. Instead of this they provide very secure approach to personal data. 

• Level 5

Since the access to personal data is very secure in EN as well, this is no distinguishing feature. The "zero knowledge" approach is something everybody must decide for himself. Zero knowledge = no OCR by the provider = the search index will only contain what you enter yourself.

EN is not unique in storing everything - what is still outstanding is the ability in finding it again.

Have fun trying ...

4 hours ago, Chalmi said:

After a very long time waiting for this feature and paid for app for last few years I decided to switch to Notesnook. Notesnook doesn't have such feature also, but they don't even try to go this approach. Instead of this they provide very secure approach to personal data.

Anybody can move to any software at any time for any reason, but this take for this particular thread just made me chuckle: "I've waited too long for this feature so I moved to a different product that also doesn't have this feature"... 😃 

9 hours ago, Boot17 said:

Anybody can move to any software at any time for any reason, but this take for this particular thread just made me chuckle: "I've waited too long for this feature so I moved to a different product that also doesn't have this feature"... 😃 

Yes. In the meantime I have discovered than it isn't so important to me as over one year ago. For me better to monitor my calendar is dedicated calendar app, dedicated todo apps (also the free one) do much better job than Evernote. Always I have a problem and some doubts about keeping sensitive data in Evernote, I don't have such doubts using Notesnook (about 6 months). I don't say that Evernote is bad, but I discovered than there are other tools in the market which better meet my needs. And waiting for this feature such long time was very... :). Have fun using Evernote.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/28/2022 at 7:39 PM, Jwhiv said:

Honestly the most frustrating part of Evernote is its inability to sync with Outlook Calendar and To Dos.  HUGE need here.  That and an app for Apple Watch.   

I have been using a workaround for months with a small app on my PC from Fourtech called Sync2.  This automatically syncs Google Calander on my Phone, Tablet & PC with Outlook on my PC 

• 2 months later...
On 1/21/2023 at 1:29 PM, agsteele said:

It is in beta at the moment. Patience required 🙂

Would love to join the Beta.  Just signed up for Pro Version and moving all from OneNote and my other task tracking system.

• 1 month later...
  • Evernote Expert

The last conversation I had with the Evernote Experts team we were told that is still on the list of expected stuff. Those using the beta release day it works well. Until full release you can use the workarounds detailed further up this thread.

• 1 month later...

Yep -  pretty disappointing actually. I"m still using the original client that has outlook integration (legacy client 6.25.2.9198).  I spoke with the CTO on this back in 2012 or 2013 when they pulled it.  At the time he said they'd likely forego it.  Glad to see there's some potential for it to come back. With the growth of Teams and other - Evernote will need to create this or evernote is likely dead going forward.

• Evernote Expert

The current integration that is promised (but don't hold your breath) is with the Outlook Calendar in a similar manner to the current offering with Google Calendar.  There are several easy workarounds for the calendar earlier in this thread.

There are no plans that I know of to produce an Outlook Email integration.

Just got a notification that the beta with Outlook integration is being terminated, with no ETA for the feature in production. Pretty disappointing way to do this...Why pull it back from beta before the production version is ready? For how long will this kill my workflow? So frustrating.

• Level 5

„User communication“ is not the first thing that crosses my mind when thinking about EN. 

This told, productive Workflows should NEVER be based on pre-release, beta software. I usually even wait with mission critical workflows until an official update is established as working and without side effects.

Since this thread is about calendar integration, you can maybe save your workflow for now by linking Outlook to Google, Google to EN.

48 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

„User communication“ is not the first thing that crosses my mind when thinking about EN. 

This told, productive Workflows should NEVER be based on pre-release, beta software. I usually even wait with mission critical workflows until an official update is established as working and without side effects.

Since this thread is about calendar integration, you can maybe save your workflow for now by linking Outlook to Google, Google to EN.

Lecture harder. He was testing a beta feature and it's pretty unusual for any company to remove it before putting it into production, unless they've decided that they are not going to roll it out into production, period; in which case that needs to be communicated before removing beta access to said feature. By your overly strict and "technically true" in general terms statement, no users outside the company developing a piece of software would ever test anything.

• Level 5

You can do a wide range of „testing“ without using the test to run any mission critical processes.

To me it is quite obvious that despite it being a beta, it was used by @ColinScatt for exactly this: Using the beta to run operational stuff instead of a test scenario. Which of course anybody can decide to do, but should as well take into account that this involves the risk, either of the beta failing, or by the beta being removed, and in the most extreme case the beta being broken off and the development terminated. We don’t know what’s the case here, User to user.

That‘s why I proposed to settle for the workaround, using Google calendar as a stepstone to sync Outlook with EN. This at least makes the workflows operational again, with of course a less than elegant setup, and the need to entrust Google with the data passing through the G-Cal.

Why an existing beta version was removed while there was no replacement, not by another beta release, not by an official (or at least release candidate) version remains a valid question. It should be posted at EN (beta) support.