Please reconsider new Note/Task Menu UX

Atirez

Idea

The new note/task menu is putting extra steps between me and creating new notes. Previously, you could just click new note and your away, now you have to click the "+ New" button and then re-click it to get a new note. This is primarily my note taking application, not task management.

At the very least having it immediately display on mouse over would be an improvement.

Windows: 10.15.6 (2680)

• Like 2

5 replies to this idea

I agree. In fact IF we do have a task feature, make it a separate button so that we can quickly decide which thing we want to perform. As it stands currently, we basically have to double click on "New" in order to make a note.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

When you hit at the + on the new note button, you get a sub menu that offers task as one main option. Premium users can even customize what shows behind the + (mobile client).

Since space is limited on a screen, I like this better than just getting more and more buttons.

• Like 1
  • Ex Employees
16 hours ago, Atirez said:

At the very least having it immediately display on mouse over would be an improvement.

We actually tested that out during internal testing and numerous employees were inadvertently triggering the menu when they moused over to get to the navigation below it, like home, shortcuts, notes, etc. I personally found it very frustrating because I kept accidentally creating notes/tasks when I wanted to click a navigation button. The frequency with which the feedback came up from independent employees was enough to remove that as an option.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

When you hit at the + on the new note button, you get a sub menu that offers task as one main option. Premium users can even customize what shows behind the + (mobile client).

Since space is limited on a screen, I like this better than just getting more and more buttons.

Same here.  It is a helpful option.

On 6/14/2021 at 2:50 PM, PinkElephant said:

@PinkElephant - THANK GOD you mentioned this!  I was about to FLIP OUT when this "tasks" stuff came out and "Scan a Document" disappeared from the "New Note" button. I went searching and luckily found your post before I went on a rant.  🤣