Unable to login to web version

And, if trying from home or a coffee shop, with a device that is personal and not controlled by the company.  As @gazumped implies with his "...outside Evernote's control..." comment, it's very possible your corporate IT folks changed something on the server which is blocking Evernote web, too.  Failing to do so creates a big security vulnerability - and it's not just about viruses and other system attacks.  Allowing employees to put company proprietary information on devices outside the company's control is a huge potential issue.  If the employee leaves, for instance, what happens to the information, among other vulnerabilities.  That's the value-added of Teams in a corporate environment.

Vinnie 

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, VincentC said:

Allowing employees to put company proprietary information on devices outside the company's control is a huge potential issue.

I used to work for a government agency - not one of those "if I told you I'd have to kill you" situations,  but they had some servers that were totally offline.  When I first joined them, a helpful colleague sent me some work stuff via dropbox.

He wasn't a colleague for long...

• Like 1
On 8/31/2024 at 5:53 PM, gazumped said:

It's not "quite common" and the fact that you can't log in from (it looks like) behind your works firewall and AV protections may well be outside Evernote's control anyway.  Do you have the same issue from home?  Have you tried different browsers?  (Chrome is the same as Edge these days).  Please confirm your device and OS / Evernote version numbers,  and (if you're allowed) maybe try a reinstall?

"Quite common" is based on this entire thread and similar ones (also on other platforms like Reddit) with tons of users experiencing the same problem. And not just recently, but going way back in time. So please don't patronise with comments like this and try to downplay this to a problem that is caused by individual settings such as browser, firewall settings or needing to clear cache or cookies.

You can't expect regular users to clear their cache every time or refrain from using very common browsers (Chrome/ Edge). This is not a problem that needs to be solved at the user's end, but fixed more fundamentally at Evernote's end. As it most definitely *is* a more common problem, hence all the complaints. If Evernote wants to stay relevant and keep their current users on board, they need to fix this, simple as that.

So I didn't come here looking for an individual solution, but added to the conversation to help make visible the amount of users experiencing these issues and the effect it's having on their willingness to keep using (and paying for!) Evernote. 

• Level 5

This "problem" is no problem, it's simply a result from the OAUTH login method (which is a common way to authenticate access). If it runs into a block, the account can't be authenticated, and will stay locked up.

If there is a login problem, it can be caused by the cached data. Advising to remove the cached data in a browser is sound advise. Anybody who uses a browser should know how to do this - it can be necessary for a ton of reasons, not only a failed login. If it happens "every time" then something is wrong, and should be analyzed. My first check would be interference from ad blockers, AV or internet security suites. Is your opinion users should be able to install this stuff, but unable to maintain it ? 

The other cause can be a network that is so locked up that it doesn't allow this authentication. Then the parameters (firewall rules, endpoint protection, ...) need to be changed, to allow the data to be passed on. In a home network you may be the user who can do this himself (like whitelisting Evernote.com in your DNS filter), at work you will need the IT to do this. Since more and more companies tighten IT security, problems with access to private services from a work computer only prove that the tightened up security is showing an effect.

• Like 1