Clipping just doesn't work at all. For you to be honest, you need to remove it from your advertizing.

• 1 year later...
  • Evernote Expert

Not much we can say with so little information. 

I just checked. Opened Evernote to ensure it was running. Switched to browser and shared a page with Evernote. Evernote dialogue opened and I could select notebook, yeah and note name. Click save. After a few seconds the note is created.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Oh, a stampede: One post, no details, April 2021. A second, again no details, 1 1/2 years later. Sounds like individual problems, compared to other threads where problems could be reproduced and (often) fixed.

Just an idea: Why doesn’t anybody claiming a clipping problem post a sample URL that gives a headache ?

Most often it is a specific website property, like an aggressive paywall, not a general issue.

5 hours ago, pstock said:

Complete app fail. And I can no longer use v8, which WORKED!

If your main issue is, that you cannot use v8 anymore you could open a ticket. Support grants access to v8 again, if you go through the process (I did a several times). Devices with Android 10+ are blocked by default against using v8 if you once updated. But support can set you on a white list.

• Like 1
On 11/4/2022 at 4:48 AM, Alxa said:

If your main issue is, that you cannot use v8 anymore you could open a ticket. Support grants access to v8 again, if you go through the process (I did a several times). Devices with Android 10+ are blocked by default against using v8 if you once updated. But support can set you on a white list.

This is very helpful, thanks! I'd been using v.8 for a long time without a single issue and was hanging onto it as long as I could, since v.10 literally will not clip a single thing. It says it has clipped, but no note appears anywhere, ever. This is in  Chrome, NYT app, WaPo app--anywhere I have tried. Rather hard to provide details or reproducible conditions when it just doesn't work, full stop!)

I'll contact support is see if they will whitelist me for v8. Cheers!

On 11/4/2022 at 4:09 AM, PinkElephant said:

Most often it is a specific website property, like an aggressive paywall, not a general issue.

In my case, a universal issue. Never clips in any app or contest. For now, I will follow up on Alxa's helpful info.

• Level 5

NYT and WaPo are both know for having aggressive paywall and anti-clipping in place.

Clipping on mobile works by sharing, EN has no influence on the information extraction from the website. This is handled by the browser. It only receives encapsulated content from the browser, and tries to interpret it.

For more control on clipping, use a desktop and install the real, true and only EN WebClipper.