System notifications for reminders not working in Android

In the renewed app version, the notifications do not popup in system notifications at all and thus, I miss important notifications daily. Is this a bug? 

Android version 11, Sony Xperia 1 (build 55.2.A.4.47).

• Sad 1

I have the same trouble. I keep checking to see if I have done something wrong.  Evernote Reminders on my Android 11, OnePlus 8 were consistent and reliable, I believe up until the big update.  Since then I do not get reminders on my android device at all.  I have checked settings and they are enabled.   Is this issue posted elsewhere and being looked into?

7 hours ago, Trickster said:

I have the same trouble. I keep checking to see if I have done something wrong.  Evernote Reminders on my Android 11, OnePlus 8 were consistent and reliable, I believe up until the big update.  Since then I do not get reminders on my android device at all.  I have checked settings and they are enabled.   Is this issue posted elsewhere and being looked into?

If anybody has reported this bug i'm not aware of it. I get notifications, but only if Evernote is open.

I just started using Evernote again in the hopes to replace Google Keep with it.  It seems to be the only Note-app that also has reminder functionality but it seems to be broken.  I am using a device with Android 11.  There are no notification settings in the app itself, but I have confirmed that the app has notification settings turned through the system settings.  I've put the app in the whitelist for "never sleeping apps" and still, notifications/reminders only show up if I'm in the app. 

I sent feedback, but the feedback entry page appeared more like a suggestions tool than an actual bug reporting screen like I'm used to seeing in Android.

• 1 month later...

Just had my FIRST successful test of an Evernote reminder with app closed on my OnePlus 8 since the update.  I changed a Battery Optimization setting that I never changed but - well something must have.

Settings > Battery > Battery optimization > Find Evernote > Change to 'Don't Optimize'

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

Same here, need to open the app for the reminders to work in Adroid. Unfortunately this now renders the app no use to me. Been very happy with evernote for years and resisted the Microsoft switch. Unfortunately unless this is fixed soon, it will be time to move.

I hope the Evernote are reading this and can fit it

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Having the exact same issue here. Pixel 4A with Android 11. Notifications simply don't pop up if the app is running in background, rendering them useless. I had a voucher for a free flight which expired a month ago - I set a reminder for it last year & it never popped up, so I lost my free flight :(

Received a response that seemed to help today so far.

Thanks for getting back to us. Our team is already aware of this issue, and are currently working on a fix for it. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience that this issue have caused. In the meantime, I suggest trying to follow these steps and see if it will fix the issue.

1. Sign out from your account.
  2. Force close or quit the Evernote app.
  3. Restart your device.
  4. Launch Evernote and sign back in.

7/30/2021 Turns out the fix was short lived.  I am back to neither reminder nor task reminders working on Android making the situation to actually use them as intended truly impossible.

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here.

For me, the reminders created with the phone works in the phone.

Those ones created with pc or evernote web don't show in android

I am waiting for a solution since two weeks from now.

This evernote is nothing compared to legacy version in terms of speed and reliability.

This year, I have been more in touch with the support team than with my mother

• Like 1