Where is the preferences menu in 10.0 version Evernote Desktop?

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, JoLip said:

Does the preferences menu in the desktop exist at all in version 10.0?

744893000_ScreenShot2020-12-14at20_10_09.png.498af7b2ea5648083d9db083347758c6.pngYes. Preferences can be seen in the screenshot
As you can see, not many options
We expect to see this expanded with ongoing product developement

• Like 2

Many problems with this new version. I've noticed that the label does not get automatically attached to a note (after the first note, the system redirects the notes to the "all notes" menu, with no labels at all). There are no way of setting one different definition to organize each label (i.e., by date in one ande by name in other). The creation date cannot be accessed anymore. Also, one cannot select a "mother" label anymore, without selecting all of its sublabels, which is very annoying.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Yes, the Preferences menu option exists but I think the point is that there are no options under Preferences to manage.  For example, I'd like to change the default folder but I don't see that option.  I have several Import rules but again, no option.  These existed previously so the removal of those Preferences is detrimental to my established workflow.  If I'm missing some wildly simple area to adjust these things in the new version, feel free to correct me.  Otherwise as the OP is referencing, the features are missing from the Preferences area.

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 8:12 PM, DTLow said:

744893000_ScreenShot2020-12-14at20_10_09.png.498af7b2ea5648083d9db083347758c6.pngYes. Preferences can be seen in the screenshot
As you can see, not many options
We expect to see this expanded with ongoing product developement

It's been three months since your post. I just spent a frustrating 10 minutes trying to make Evernote stop automatically formatting my data as lists. I had that option disabled before upgrading and now this and all the other options have disappeared.

What's the timeline? When can we expect a fix? And why was that "Home Screen" thing that no one really needs given priority over something this basic? I've been using Evernote for over 10 years and the past few years it feels as though functionality has been going backwards. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 12/15/2020 at 8:31 AM, mateusdl said:

Many problems with this new version. I've noticed that the label does not get automatically attached to a note (after the first note, the system redirects the notes to the "all notes" menu, with no labels at all). There are no way of setting one different definition to organize each label (i.e., by date in one ande by name in other). The creation date cannot be accessed anymore. Also, one cannot select a "mother" label anymore, without selecting all of its sublabels, which is very annoying.

Precisely. Version 10 is an utter disaster. Nothing is where it used to be—and the new locations aren't better than the old locations. Other things are gone completely. Sorting options were removed from menus (where they could be easily selected via keyboard shortcuts). The whole thing is an utter embarrassment. One wonders who's making—and approving—these god-awful decisions.

• 4 months later...