Not able to login thru the app

I tried logging in thru the app from my ios phone and ipad and both mention error in signing in even though the user id and password are correct. .

i logged in thru web and its possible using the same credentials ... what can i do?

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you can get to the website Evernote.com, try logging in there.  If that fails,  then by definition your user name or password are not correct.  There is a 'lost password' option on that page though which may help...

She said she was able to login thru the web option. I emphasize this because I am also having the same issue--not being able to login thru the app however I am able to login thru the web and desktop client on MacBook. I updated my password and boom could no longer login on the app version. I logged out of all devices and signed out of the web client but it still would not let me use the app (only web and desktop versions). The exact error is " Error Error sign in" and the option to hit "OK". I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app twice now as well as rebooting my phone 3x. Please help.

• Level 5*
59 minutes ago, Mansha said:

I am able to log in through the web but when i try from the app it says error 

Hmmn.  You could try uninstalling the app and restart the device / reinstall - there's probably a newer version of the app available by now...

On 12/11/2020 at 7:53 PM, jujuberry136 said:

I’m having the same issue - but strangely only an iPad issue. I can log in from my Mac and iPhone, but using the same credentials on the iPad app gets me a sign-in error. I tried uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling - no luck. 

Did you find any resolution? Someone is elsewhere said they changed their pw to something simpler and it resolved the issue while another said there can be a problem with some symbols in passwords so I tried a complicated password, simple password & one without symbols and nothing worked. Still can not login thru iPhone app (only web versions on iPhone or MacBook and desktop client on MacBook).

On 12/16/2020 at 2:12 AM, qveenissac said:

Did you find any resolution? Someone is elsewhere said they changed their pw to something simpler and it resolved the issue while another said there can be a problem with some symbols in passwords so I tried a complicated password, simple password & one without symbols and nothing worked. Still can not login thru iPhone app (only web versions on iPhone or MacBook and desktop client on MacBook).

Not yet. But I also haven't tried updating passwords yet. It does seem like there are several of us here with this issue. I submitted a ticket, but no response yet sadly.

Hi all I started a request on Twitter a couple weeks ago and finally got support through email on 12/24. Will update. Here are the 3 forum posts that seem to encompass this issue which I think has to do with those running the earlier iOS 13 versions (pre-13.2) which limits you to Evernote version 8.24.6

https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/132187-issue-logging-in-across-evernote-versions-cant-log-in-to-ipad-8246-but-credentials-work-fine-for-iphone-102-and-mac-104/  (^Use this one to post going forward please so we can consolidate those w/ the issue into 1 topic!)

https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/132230-app-log-in-error/

Are others running iOS 13.0, 13.1 with Evernote version 8.24.6? You can check EN version in Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Evernote. This problem seems to have begun around 12/11/20 and appears that web and desktop versions are unaffected. Also, neither changing password nor redownloading app resolves the "Error Error sign in" issue. Please use the 1st forum post ("Issue logging in across evernote...") as it is listed in the correct version category on the forums ("Versions 8.24.6 and under").

-Cassi

Evernote (Error Error sign in).jpeg

• Level 5

Any reason to run an old iOS version, with know security issues ? iOS 13 is regarded to have the necessary fixes since 13.5.

Personally I would not expect support on any app that refuses to work under a OS not kept up to date.

This is not meant for older devices that can’t update - but even then there are iOS updates to run. I just bumped our iPhone 6 used as backup phone to iOS 12.5. In these cases the App Store won’t allow to update the app installed beyond the last compatible version.

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Any reason to run an old iOS version, with know security issues ? iOS 13 is regarded to have the necessary fixes since 13.5.

Personally I would not expect support on any app that refuses to work under a OS not kept up to date.

This is not meant for older devices that can’t update - but even then there are iOS updates to run. I just bumped our iPhone 6 used as backup phone to iOS 12.5. In these cases the App Store won’t allow to update the app installed beyond the last compatible version.

Yes, there is a reason. Not all phones can be updated to IOS 13...

@PinkElephant if Evernote has made a change to no longer support sign-in via the older apps (v8.26) it would be beneficial to have well known by the user community and the App store. Speaking for myself at least, because I have other apps (e.g. Netflix) that allow me to run them on newer operating systems (e.g. iOS 14 on my phone) and older (e.g. iOS 12.4 on my iPad) I would expect a stronger error message beyond "Error Error Sign-In" if the issue is that Evernote has disabled log-in via legacy app - especially given the way Evernote v10 was rolling out in the Fall. Because I can still download the older version of the app via the Apple App store, my assumption has been that it's still usable - even if features are no longer being added. I'm not expecting to see patches or update to the older version - just the ability to log-in the way I was before December 10.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Hi there, in the post above it says „... has to do with those running the earlier iOS 13 versions (pre-13.2) which limits you to Evernote version 8.24.6.“ This means it was updated to iOS 13, but then not further.

There are no devices that can update to 13.0-13.1x, but not to 13.2. A device can either run iOS 13, or not - as my iPhone 6, that does stay with iOS 12.

And yes, if an older EN-version did allow login for a long time I would expect to learn in advance when this access would be refused in the future.

• Like 1
On 12/27/2020 at 11:07 AM, PinkElephant said:

Hi there, in the post above it says „... has to do with those running the earlier iOS 13 versions (pre-13.2) which limits you to Evernote version 8.24.6.“ This means it was updated to iOS 13, but then not further.

There are no devices that can update to 13.0-13.1x, but not to 13.2. A device can either run iOS 13, or not - as my iPhone 6, that does stay with iOS 12.

And yes, if an older EN-version did allow login for a long time I would expect to learn in advance when this access would be refused in the future.

For me personally the issue is that I do not have sufficient space to upgrade to a more recent iOS on that particular phone hence why I'm stuck to using the older EN version. I'm sure others have their reasons...

On 12/28/2020 at 12:12 AM, jujuberry136 said:

@PinkElephant if Evernote has made a change to no longer support sign-in via the older apps (v8.26) it would be beneficial to have well known by the user community and the App store. Speaking for myself at least, because I have other apps (e.g. Netflix) that allow me to run them on newer operating systems (e.g. iOS 14 on my phone) and older (e.g. iOS 12.4 on my iPad) I would expect a stronger error message beyond "Error Error Sign-In" if the issue is that Evernote has disabled log-in via legacy app - especially given the way Evernote v10 was rolling out in the Fall. Because I can still download the older version of the app via the Apple App store, my assumption has been that it's still usable - even if features are no longer being added. I'm not expecting to see patches or update to the older version - just the ability to log-in the way I was before December 10.

Just got this - as if using old EN on earlier IOS is not a thing ( and i wonder if app store is actually downloading older EN like it says it is?) 

Abby S. (Evernote Help and Learning) 

Dec 30, 2020, 9:36 PST 

Hi Therese,

Thank you for providing me the OS version of your device.

Please be informed that the new Evernote app requires iOS 13 or above, this might be the reason you are having a login issue. For this matter, I'm afraid we can no longer offer official support for these older versions of OS.

If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

So it appears I need to add my ipad to the landfill because they will not update beyond IOS 12.4.9 and 13.  I was using the app until today it said it could not sign in  with no changes on my account anywhere.  It must be a trigger set for January 1 to quit working.    I am frustrated that i have to replace a 3 year old ipad mini for one app.  I guess I can replace the app, which may be the cheaper way out.

• 2 weeks later...