As a user of 10 years, who works in IT, I can say this is easily the worst "upgrade" I've ever seen.

• 3 weeks later...

On Windows, I just uninstalled 10.5.7 and replaced it with 6.25 from File Hippo.

It's like having a 100 lb stone removed from my back! Starts up in less than a second (vs 20-30 seconds or frozen)

I'm leaving the newer versions installed on Mac and Android for now, where I don't use EN that much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jdmarch said:

like having a 100 lb stone removed from my back!

This is by far the most incredible “update” I’ve seen in my software history 1989 and counting. 
please Evernote fix this awful situation. You have my full support but for goodness sake, fix this!

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Not defending,  but if they had sold it differently as being a public Beta version and invited participation I think we'd've been happy.  Making it an automatic update that hamstrung everyone's workflow was the bad part.  Still with the constant updates,  they're trying...

• Like 2

Can't move, nest or edit tags on Evernote desktop client or website. (v 10.5.7 build 2171 public for Windows).

Can still edit tags in Evernote Android app 8.13.3. But can't figure out how to move a tag in Android app in order to nest the tag within another tag.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dan Shielding said:

Can't move, nest or edit tags on Evernote desktop client or website. (v 10.5.7 build 2171 public for Windows).

Yes you can: click the tags icon in the left bar, then click on the '...' of the tag you would like to change or move. This shows you a menu with all the tag actions you need.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Dan Shielding said:

Can still edit tags in Evernote Android app 8.13.3. But can't figure out how to move a tag in Android app in order to nest the tag within another tag.

You can do this with v10 for Android. 

11 minutes ago, JuliFish said:

The three dots do NOT enable one to edit the name of a tag or delete the specific tag within the list of tags.  It only permits one to add or subtract tags within a note.

Weird, in the windows version 10.5.7 , I have the following options (I translated it to english, probably a little bit different from the english EN):

rename the tag, remove the tag from all notes, delete the tag, add the tag to the speedmenu, move the tag

Thank you, eric99.  I actually just figured it out.  On a Mac, one clicks option+command+5 to "open tags."  From there one can rename or edit tags.  It's odd that the only way I could get to the appropriate tag editing location was to use a non-intuitive keyboard shortcut to get to the "open tags" window.  Thank you again for your assistance.

• Like 1

Diddo all.  I use this in business.  I cannot stand digging in user forums to find no brainer answers.  It totally wastes my time and causes me to look for another solution. Why in the world would a new version of this program, which, I like by the way, not make it easier to edit a tag!

One additional note.  I used to drop PDFs into new notes forms.  When done the title of the PDF would automatically be in the subject line.  This was great as my titles had to reflect cryptic part number information.  Now it must be cut an pasted or re-typed.  Why did this happen?  Anyone know?