Info: have you already seen this: YouTube Preview within notes

stocky2605

Idea

Hi, don't know if this is new in 10.1 or was it already in 10.0?

Just pasted a YouTube URL into a note and immediately got a nice preview of that video presented within my note - you can convert Preview / plain URL at any time and vice versa.

I knew this preview feature based on Google Drive links, right - but YouTube was new to me. Enjoy!

That is nice.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 replies to this idea

Yes, it's very cool. Was surprised when it happened. 

Would be nice to see this feature extended to other content based URLs like dropbox links, tweet links, Vimeo etc.

Being able to watch the video within the note is very useful.

• Like 2

This feature is great, but not when it automatically converts YouTube-Links in YT-Videos...

I sort many YT-Links in tables and for this option it is very annoying. I want to decide on my own, how I display the YouTube-Link...

On 10/15/2020 at 5:41 AM, stocky2605 said:

Just pasted a YouTube URL into a note and immediately got a nice preview of that video presented within my note - you can convert Preview / plain URL at any time and vice versa.

I knew this preview feature based on Google Drive links, right - but YouTube was new to me. Enjoy!

That is nice.

How did I miss this?! This has been on my top want list for years! Thank you for sharing. I probably wouldn't have caught it for a while.

13 hours ago, ABEN said:

This feature is great, but not when it automatically converts YouTube-Links in YT-Videos...

I sort many YT-Links in tables and for this option it is very annoying. I want to decide on my own, how I display the YouTube-Link...

You  can change it back to a link

6 hours ago, ThomasV said:

Good news !

But when I try to play the video in EN, it says : video not available...

Check the actual video in YouTube. It may be the video. Especially if you are running Big Sur . I couldn’t play them for a week due to a glitch in safari that carried over to wherever I tried to play them. 

3 hours ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

You  can change it back to a link

Yes, but only after it displays the YouTube-Preview... :(

The user should be able to decide for himself which option he wants to have as default, whether it should be displayed as a link or as a preview.

Again one or more unnecessary steps of work in EN 10...

1 hour ago, ABEN said:

Yes, but only after it displays the YouTube-Preview... :(

The user should be able to decide for himself which option he wants to have as default, whether it should be displayed as a link or as a preview.

Again one or more unnecessary steps of work in EN 10...

Good point

On 10/15/2020 at 2:41 PM, stocky2605 said:

That is nice.

Hello, maybe I missed something, but how could we convert back the preview video by a simple link like before ? thank you !