Reminder Date Wishlist

xmasmoneky

Idea

First off - kudos to implementing my #1 feature request with reminders (the ability to set "No date")!  Sure - it took 7 years - but it was a tiny feature request that I didn't expect to get prioritized, so to see it in v10 is great.

Some v10 wishlist items related to reminders:

• All Reminders button:  in addition to an "All Notes" button in the left-hand nav - add an "All Reminders" button.  This button jumps straight to the "Reminders" view.  See screenshot.  Also see this feature request.
  • Sort saved search results by reminder date:  allow saved search results to be sortable by reminder due date.  Same as this feature request; also mentioned in this feature request too.
  • Pretty-print reminder dates:  in v7.14, the reminder dates are pretty-printed (e.g. Today, Tomorrow, Mon mm/dd, etc.).  Perhaps in v10 - as the "Reminder Time" column is shortened, you can pretty print the reminder time in the same way.  E.g. fully expanded "Reminder Time" column shows date and time; shortened column hides time and instead shows the pretty-printed date (e.g. Today, Tomorrow, etc.).  See screenshot.
  • Allow date-only reminders (no time):  it would be great to create reminders with a due date, but no "time" within the day.  See screenshot.

All-Reminders-Button.png

Pretty-Printed-Dates.png

Date-No-Time.png

• Thanks 2

6 replies to this idea

Yay for Top View!

I'm almost ready to switch to v10 - but out of the suggested reminder-related feature requests in this post, need 2 of them before I can formally switch:

On 10/13/2020 at 12:09 PM, xmasmoneky said:
  • Sort saved search results by reminder date:  allow saved search results to be sortable by reminder due date.  Same as this feature request; also mentioned in this feature request too.
  • Pretty-print reminder dates:  in v7.14, the reminder dates are pretty-printed (e.g. Today, Tomorrow, Mon mm/dd, etc.).  Perhaps in v10 - as the "Reminder Time" column is shortened, you can pretty print the reminder time in the same way.  E.g. fully expanded "Reminder Time" column shows date and time; shortened column hides time and instead shows the pretty-printed date (e.g. Today, Tomorrow, etc.).  See screenshot.

Just thought I'd bump up this thread in the off chance a Product Manager at Evernote sees this and wants to give this XmasMonkey a great Xmas gift.

+1000 for sorting saved search reminder date....This is probably my biggest wish list item in v10.  Hopefully they will also allow saving of the sort order preference with the saved search as well.

No strong feelings about the pretty-print reminders, but.... I really hope they address #1 on your original list and put an "All Reminders" button or keyboard shortcut: