Request - Note Multi-Select and functions including Merge

doxb

Idea

9 replies to this idea

The new app was constructed by the ground in a new technical environment. This leads to the point that every single functionality has/had to be rebuilt for the new app. There might have been no ability just to „leave in“ any function.

The pressure to go public and to show progress after 18 months without bigger changes lead to this version 10.0 which may not have included all the big or small functions we all may have loved or used.

But how the hack did you mange to do multiselect on ipad before10.0?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5

The mobile clients were never able to perform a multi-select.

They were build around the concept that a note is selected, then downloaded from the server (on the mobile device lived only a preview copy), you could edit, and when you closed it, it was synced back and not available any longer on the mobile device. And the next note was selected, downloaded etc. This was true even if notes were kept „offline“ to make them available without an internet connection.

About BigSur we have to wait and see. I think the switch to Catalina was larger, with taking 32bit-Apps out of the race.

• Like 2

Being a LONG time Evernote premium user I have to say is really disappointing to see a development team leave out a really basic UX-101 user story such as 'select multiple notes'. Not being able to do that annoys me on an almost daily basis 😖

• Like 1

Really? Because it worked fine before the update. It was possible to choose and move multiple notes at once... So the new update took away a function because it wasn’t part of the original plan? Why not just leave it in then?

May be EN staff didn't use EN Notes to make a "Functions Check List" when they make the new version....😨

Why still don't focus on The Root Cause of "EN Down"?  Every user knew it, lacking of Quality Control.  Including the "Big Problems" on macOS every single upgraded.  Hope no more disaster in coming Big Sur.

I miss the ability to select multiple notes at once, either to move them together to another notebook or to add a keyword or keywords to them. 
In the Mac version this worked until EN 7, but not in the IOS version. This feature would be very, very helpful!