Scary Experience in iOS 10.0

After loading the new Evernote app, my folder structure had reverted to a version from approximately one month ago (I've made a lot of recent changes). My immediate fear was that this version would sync back up to the cloud, and I would lose my last month of work. I immediately shut down my iPhone, restarted it, and erased the new iOS Evernote App. Fortunately, after syncing on my Mac, nothing had changed. 

Does anyone have an idea what happened in my case? Can I safely download the new iOS app and try again?

• Level 5

Had you synced your content before upgrading ?

The difference in the number of notes I have between clients is based on notebooks synced to me from others. Since everything is still downloading, I wait until this is through. All notebooks I have synced from me to others are there, with the full count.

Changes I did (even recent  ones, and those done on my Mac) are all there.

If you want to be on the safe side, I would leave the Mac EN app closed. Open the web client in Safari or another browser, and check the status there. This is your EN master copy ! If everything is correct there, the up-sync is o.k. 

Next reinstall the iOS app, let it  sync (which may take a while) and check again.

I had the same kinda problem as mentioned by @Jason Goldsmith but in my case EN loaded an old EN Business account I had more than 2 years ago which has been closed down. On top of that I have 22238 notes in my EN Windows client when in IOS it only shows 14630 notes. I did attempts a few things:

> Sync EN Windows clients first which seems started syncing the IOS clients up to 500 notes more then stopped.
> For the EN Business folder I couldn't deleted them directly but going to the notebook menu and selecting them seem to make them disappear (I had 300 of them so I had to do this for each one of them).

The problem is it all came back anyway....

So I deleted the app. Force shutdown my iPhone /Restart the phone > download the app and for some reason my data are still cashed in the phone (despite deleting the app).

So I am stuck...

And yes @Shane D. I did open a ticket about all this...