Moving notebooks into Stacks

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Lorraine West said:

I have watched You tube on creating stacks and while it should be a drag and drop easy peasy it is not. Then I thought that there must be a knack to this procedure?? Still a problem - can anyone assist me with this matter?

You have to be on the Notebook page756542623_ScreenShot2020-08-15at8_33_10PM.png.aa164164d47df17583455078d1936132.png
View > Notebooks or click on the Notebook icon

Thank you, yes I have done that many times. If I have two notebooks - say of the same name, and I want to move one on top of the other and make a stack of that name.  I find that the second name won't drag and drop on to the first. Any other ideas that perhaps gets glossed over in the narrative?

Cheers  Lorraine 

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, Lorraine West said:

If I have two notebooks - say of the same name

Just wondering how you get two notebooks of the same name
Notebook names must be unique

Instead of drag and drop, right click on the notebook and assign to a stack650442583_ScreenShot2020-08-15at9_06_14PM.png.3d4a1e016be961a94e55f4f6f1cffbaa.png

Hello again,

I had to smile when you mentioned two notebooks from the same name. I hold a Phd and a writing dyslexia - Only I can have two notebooks of the same name. I image when I plunged into Evernote I was working with a name, such as Jones on a given day time passed and then I research the name again and hence the double entry.  Thank you for taking the time in answering my questions. On your second reply - I did as you suggested however, my drop down list said instead of Add to stack - firstly it instructed me to Remove from stack - after I did that up it came up your comment Add to stack. My Question now is where does the - Remove from Stack actually go?? Or is it still attached??? 

I hope this iteration helps.

Cheers Lorraine

PS I wonder if you live in Sydney Australia??

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Lorraine West said:

My Question now is where does the - Remove from Stack actually go??

Hi - if you saw "remove from Stack",  your notebook was already in one stack,  and you've (presumably) now moved it to another.  If there were other notebooks in the original stack,  it will still exist.  If this was the only notebook member of that stack,  then removing the notebook will also have removed the stack.  You can't have an 'empty' stack.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Lorraine West said:

My Question now is where does the - Remove from Stack actually go?? Or is it still attached??? 

By default, Notebooks exist without Stacks.    
A Stack is simply a Notebook organization tool

>>PS I wonder if you live in Sydney Australia??

I'm in Victoria, Canada - on the west coast

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Makes how much Delta in winter - 60 degrees Celsius ? Currently it should be quite similar ...

Victoria, Canada ???

We have fantastic weather, not cold or hot    
Maybe a few days of snow in winter

• Level 5*
On 8/18/2020 at 12:57 PM, Seanan said:

When I right-click, a pop-up window appears, offering me the choices of sharing, publishing, or deleting the notebook. There is no option to stack. 

Hi.  OS,  Evernote version,  device?

• Level 5*
On 8/18/2020 at 4:57 AM, Seanan said:

When I right-click, a pop-up window appears, offering me the choices of sharing, publishing, or deleting the notebook. There is no option to stack. 

If this is a Mac, I'm guessing you're trying to click in the sidebar     
Switch to the Notebook page by clicking on the Notebook icon, or selecting  View > Notebook

• 4 weeks later...

I was having the same problem. I am using Windows on the desktop. The drag and drop method was not working as stated in the help instructions. I found that after selecting the notebook I wanted to stack, I needed to click on the 3 dots (more actions) menu above and to the right of the notebook name next to the filter icon. Then select "Add to Stack" from the list.

Evernote notebook stacking.jpg