Has something changed recently such that notes that begin with an emoji are now placed last in list view when sorting by title? It seems counter-intuitive. When you place a flag in your note title you either want it to display first, or you might expect the emoji to be ignored altogether thereby sorting by whatever you choose, but to put it last seems odd to me. Evernote 6.32

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, lisec said:

Has something changed recently such that notes that begin with an emoji are now placed last in list view when sorting by title? It seems counter-intuitive. When you place a flag in your note title you either want it to display first, or you might expect the emoji to be ignored altogether thereby sorting by whatever you choose, but to put it last seems odd to me. Evernote 6.32

Evernote 6.24.2 Public.  Never noticed this before as I typically sort in a date sequence of some sort and I only have a few emojis - phone call, recurring events, "hot" items.  Here's a clip of a reminder search sorted by title (typically by reminder time).  Phone and hot at the top, recurring at the bottom, and text in the middle. 

Could it have been this way for a while?  The emoji code is just another special character that sorts to the front?  Don't know for sure though.

ScreenClip.png.10439e3e0df46a33bbf93b7071a652eb.png

• Like 1

It seems fairly random.  Here's how my notes get sorted (by title)

!word
"word
#word
$word
(word
***word
...word
..word
.word
[word
'word (curly)
"word (curly)
word
✔ word
word
♥ word
1word
2 word
numbers
alphabet
👍 word
👎 word
📆 word
📌 word
📞word
🚩 word
🛒 word
  • Level 5*

Probably not random.  I don't know how the emojis are represented in EN as characters but their values are sorting before and after alphanumeric in your example.  Similar case, I've used the special character sort sequence in prefacing some tag groups, ! for action tags for example.  That way action tags float to the front in a tag sort.  But that's tags and not titles.  Haven't tried an emoji on a tag.

I would never start a tag with an emoji because you can't search for it without searching for the emoji (and try doing that on your phone!), and when assigning it to a note you must again type in the emoji otherwise it will not show up.  (I hate that assigning a tag only looks at the beginning of the tag.)

For example, I have a tag called flag, and I tested with one called 🚩 flagtest.  When adding a tag to a note and typing flag, I got this:image.png.bd4b2f1e3373898ded36905363f476b0.png

And it's not like the emoji would bring the tag to the top of the list when browsing through tags beacause, as we mentioned above, some emojis go to the bottom!  The best one can do is to save a search with it's name as the emoji so that it could take up less room in the shortcuts bar. (Another peeve is all the room taken up by the "search", "note" and "notebook" icons in the shortcut toolbar).  Boy, my peeves are coming out today!

image.png.950cff088de9656948225522bfb87e0b.png

image.png.47080315ff6edf144cb419de31414c70.png

Damn... Anyone know how to delete an uploaded image?  I can't get rid of this one, and even when I delete it from this message it still shows:

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, lisec said:

I would never start a tag with an emoji because you can't search for it without searching for the emoji (and try doing that on your phone!), and when assigning it to a note you must again type in the emoji otherwise it will not show up.

Amen.

10 minutes ago, lisec said:

(I hate that assigning a tag only looks at the beginning of the tag.)

Yeah.  Have always wondered why the tag filter (search)  lets you turn off Match tags by word prefix and tag selector (add tags to note) does not.  Counterintuitive.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, lisec said:

Anyone know how to delete an uploaded image?  I can't get rid of this one, and even when I delete it from this message it still shows:

Delete the image from the bottom Drag Files Here section 848970226_ScreenShot2020-05-12at12_28_42PM.png.38df653a02da8dd3ab9a928975c5c95d.png

edit; I should have pointed out the nearly invisible delete icon at the bottom right corner of the image 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Delete the image from the bottom Drag Files Here section 848970226_ScreenShot2020-05-12at12_28_42PM.png.38df653a02da8dd3ab9a928975c5c95d.png

that's what I couldn't do. THere was no option. On the image there's a big + to add, but no - or delete option, and everytime I clicked on the image to see if options might come up it would add it to the post!

Oh, you are saying there IS a minus, in the bottom right? I'll go see if I had one.

Ok, I see it now. It ought to be more visible - it's really hard to see if you don't know it is there.

On 5/12/2020 at 8:26 AM, lisec said:

It seems fairly random.

Not random. It's how the OS says to sort it. (As I remember, it uses the Win32 comparison api)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, dcon said:

Not random. It's how the OS says to sort it. (As I remember, it uses the Win32 comparison api)

Thanks for that clarification. I figured it wasn't random per se, but random in the sense of imagining people sitting around the conference table deciding that a red pin or red flag emoji isn't as important as a green checkmark or a heart, or that a simple double-quotation mark should be sorted well above a curly double-quotation mark.