Non-sharable note link?

I want to copy note links to other sources outside of EN, but I don't want the links to be sharable, I'm the only person that needs access to these notes. Basically, I use EN for school, as I create notes for class notes and homework, I want to copy the link into my Task List app, that way I when a reminder to do an assignment pops up, I can tap/click the EN link and it'll open up the note for that assignment. But no one else needs access to the notes, I'd like to keep them as private so only I can access them. Is there a way to do that?

• Level 5*

Hi. Yes. Leave the note in your account and open a browser when you get to school. Log into Evernote.com and search for that/ those note(s) - applying tags or keeping the note(s) in one notebook will make that happen quicker.  You need your user name and password to log into the account,  so no-one else has access...

If you have other notes you do not want to appear,  create a second free account and share the notebook containing your reference notes with that 2nd account.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Kruger2147 said:

I want to copy note links to other sources outside of EN, but I don't want the links to be sharable

There are 3 types of note links   1047670429_ScreenShot2020-04-19at9_05_31AM.png.9f7223b4cd0266d02c6560c51ef355c4.png
- Public browser (shareable)  (https://www.evernote.com/l/AApDL7gkF...)
- Private browser (https://www.evernote.com/shard/...)
- Private in-app (evernote:///view/...)

Use a private note link
The screenshot is from my Mac, copying a Private Note Link

• Level 5

In the Windows desktop program, right-clicking on a note in the Note List (center panel) gives the option to Copy Internal Link. Clicking that yields a link in the form https://www.evernote.com/shard/...; this is obviously a browser link. In the Web client beta, there's a vertical 3-dot menu to the right of the green Share button. Clicking that opens a dropdown menu where one of the choices is Copy internal link, which also produces a link of the https://www.evernote.com/shard/... form. That type of link will open the note in your browser. If anyone else tried to open it, they'd have to be able to log in to your account, hence it's a "private browser link," in the terminology @DTLow uses.

In the Windows desktop program, holding Ctrl while clicking Copy Internal Link produces a link in the form evernote:///view/...; this is a direct link to the Evernote Windows program. That's only useful if you have that program installed. I believe this is the "private in-app link" that @DTLow speaks of, so it might work with the Mac desktop program as well.

7 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Copy Internal Link

Thank you, this is exactly what I needed.

Edit: Is there a way to Copy Internal Link for entire notebooks? I want to set my browser homepage to go to !Inbox, and maybe set a bookmark for my School notebook.

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I believe this is the "private in-app link" that @DTLow speaks of, so it might work with the Mac desktop program as well.

Confirmed, the private in-app link (evernote:///view/...)  is cross-platform   
I use it on my Mac & iPad
It even works within Evernote's web platform

>>In the Windows desktop program, holding Ctrl while clicking Copy Internal Link

On a Mac, hold down the Option key

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, Kruger2147 said:

Is there a way to Copy Internal Link for entire notebooks?

No, there's no "Link for entire notebooks"

There's a request posted here with some work-arounds   
To indicate your support, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion