Web Client Beta | Title Confusion

lhb

I'm using the web client more and more and am very happy with it (v5.29.0). There seems to be a much newer version out, but I would not know how to get it. Who knows, my comment may already have been addressed and not only therefore been superfluous.

I find the formatting of note titles confusing. 

1. As far as I remember, the title has always been quarantined above the notebook/tags/editing bar. But since there is an extraordinary, unexplainable amount of space between the functional bar and the note title, it now seems to be part of the note body. But remember: it's a different field of the note. I don't mind layout changes, but this leads to other problems:
  2. There is also no division to separate it from the note. For the functional notebook/tags/editing bar, there is a thin line separating it from the rest. For the title, there is nothing. It may be useful to at least give it a slightly different background shade, or maybe another thin line.
  3. The note title and the article title that may be coming from the clipper, have identical font and background. This is not only confusing and ugly; it looks like a dispensable repetition demanding to be eliminated. I have a lot of clipped notes, and giving in to these demands would create a lot of unnecessary work.

You see what I mean in the attached picture.

This is a minor temporary annoyance without any impact on functionality. I'm having faith that the trend-pendulum has reached its extreme on the white-out side. Therefore I hurry to bring my comment in and hatch down before the pendulum swings back to the other side, possibly delighting us with photorealistic skeuomorphism featuring an organic reclaimed-wood/cyberpunk finish.

image.thumb.png.43dd5154e40ed7912b64576d9f0b0a9b.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Hello, thanks for the feedback.

Since this is a user forum, your observation may or may not reach EN. To send the feedback directly, you could use a support ticket to send it directly into the EN customer service.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/6/2020 at 2:25 PM, PinkElephant said:

Hello, thanks for the feedback.

Since this is a user forum, your observation may or may not reach EN. To send the feedback directly, you could use a support ticket to send it directly into the EN customer service.

Humm... as I'm on Evernote.com and it's a forum that's facilitated by that company it should be actively monitored. Stop supporting and cultivating a isolated communication or support strategy. It doesn't fit a user-centric approach. Customer support and development team should (also) reach out their customers, not the other way around. It's not that this feedback is posted on Facebook, Twitter or other platform... it's Evernote.com

• Like 1
  • Level 5
2 hours ago, MaikR said:

Humm... as I'm on Evernote.com and it's a forum that's facilitated by that company it should be actively monitored. Stop supporting and cultivating a isolated communication or support strategy. It doesn't fit a user-centric approach. Customer support and development team should (also) reach out their customers, not the other way around. It's not that this feedback is posted on Facebook, Twitter or other platform... it's Evernote.com

In fact, Evernote staff do look over these forums, and occasionally reach out here when necessary and appropriate. Since the OP states, "This is a minor temporary annoyance without any impact on functionality," it doesn't seem likely that they will jump right in on this one, however. This approach seems to be pretty standard, or at least very widespread, in software "support" these days. I found it very annoying when it first began to appear, what, 10 years ago? But I've grown accustomed to it, and in any case, like it or not, I don't expect software companies to pay staff to participate really actively on such forums.