Bulk Remove Multiple Links in One Click -Possible?

Some years ago I asked the question about the ability to bulk spell-check all contents of a note, or selected content within the note, but that wasn't doable, with the only solution being a copy paste to an external doc such as MS Word, perform the spell check, then re-paste back to EN.  I'm hoping my question today will meet with somebody's better solution.

Occasionally, I need to paste large chunks of text into an EN Note from a webpage, whilst retaining the text/fonts formatting.  A lot of the time a contents table of sorts with line after line of linked text is pasted across as well, or even when the article is randomly peppered with links...and it's these many random links I'd like to remove in one click so to speak.

The issue is NOT being able to highlight a section of text, right click, and select 'remove' to remove links.  EN ends up only allowing the removal of 1x linked text!  I note it doesn't matter if the the links are external hyperlinks or internal in-app EN links, the result is the same.  Anyone know how to do this in EN???

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, RavBoy said:

A lot of the time a contents table of sorts with line after line of linked text is pasted across as well

Hi - not sure I understand exactly what you're looking for.  Any chance of a screen shot next time you see one of these?  Off the top of my head I can't recall having had the problem.  Best suggestion - which is not exactly EN - would be to print out the page (to paper) and then scan it!

• Level 5*

No way I know of other than a round trip to Word, you can remove all the links there.  Or go to Word first before pasting to EN.  Not sure how the end format will look exactly, may depend a bit on the web page.

To remove a single hyperlink without losing the display text or image, right-click the hyperlink, and then click Remove Hyperlink. To remove all hyperlinks in a document, press CTRL+A to select the entire document and then press CTRL+SHIFT+F9.

9 hours ago, gazumped said:

Any chance of a screen shot

image.thumb.png.d91c27fe368d7325d42901c7f7aef0cb.png

In the above screen-shot example, you can see I have a couple of links in the first paragraph, then lots of links/linked-text, one after the other on the next four lines. 

• If you highlight all the text as shown, then right-click, there is NO option to 'remove' the links. 
  • If you highlight just the 4 lines that contain consecutive links, then right-click, now the 'remove' option yes is available, but EN will literally only remove the link on the text immediately below the cursor.

So if you wanted to remove all links, You would have to remove one-by-one, or copy paste into another app like MS-Word, or Notepad, in order to remove the links then paste back

5 hours ago, CalS said:

To remove all hyperlinks in a document, press CTRL+A to select the entire document and then press CTRL+SHIFT+F9.

Yeah that works great in MS Word... was hoping could be done in EN.  Cheers anyway

Well not a biggy, as I only need it from time to time, thanks

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

Hi, was searching for a solution at the beginning of 2024 and this works for me: 

• Select all 
  • Cut text 
  • Right click and 'Paste and Match Style' 

All the hyperlinks in the document should be removed. This works on 10.68.3 on Mac OS. Presume it will be the same on Windows. 

• Level 5
On 1/1/2024 at 3:29 PM, fallenbastions said:

Hi, was searching for a solution at the beginning of 2024 and this works for me: 

• Select all 
  • Cut text 
  • Right click and 'Paste and Match Style' 

All the hyperlinks in the document should be removed. This works on 10.68.3 on Mac OS. Presume it will be the same on Windows. 

A neat solution. But you're posting it in a 4-year-old thread in the Windows v. 6 forum. Would be more helpful here: https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/forum/720-evernote-for-windows-issues-versions-100-and-above/.