Moving note to a new Notebook dumps it from the editor

Mark78

UPDATE (yes, it REALLY is a bug): here is where the buggy behavior happens:

1. I want to move the note (whether existing or new) to a different notebook. 
  2. Instinctively, through many years of using Evernote, I tap on the Notebook icon right at the top of the editor window.
  3. Oops. That's no longer the way to move a note. (By the way, Evernote: please put it back. Your "new" steps involve to much unproductive and unnecessary extra steps. Plus, those of us very faithful, long term users are accustomed to it being the other way, which is far more productive!)
  4. We now have to tap the 3 vertical dots
  5. Then tap "Move to" and select the notebook to which we are moving the note.
  6. BOOM! Note totally disappears. Not into a vortex of nothing... it's been moved... but totally removed from the editor. 
  7. Evernote cleverly opens some (apparently) random other note.

That's definitely a bug, Houston. Definitely a bug!

Please fix it!

Thank you!

Mark

BUG: while editing a note, then moving the note to another notebook, the editor dumps the note and randomly opens to another note in the notebook that I moved the note I was working on to. Please fix.

By the way, the way one moves a note to a different notebook in the editor is not good. Remember: 90% of the time the "default" notebook is not the notebook in which the user wants it so one of their first actions in note creation is to move it to the appropriate notebook. Previous versions allowed the user to easily do this right from the opening editor screen. Not by tapping secondary items.

Please restore prior functionality of moving a note to a different notebook in the editor. It worked great!

Thank you!

22 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Are you using the current beta of the web client?  If so we can move your feedback to the correct forum and you can go to Settings to opt to change back to the previous version if you so wish...

https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/638-web-client/

I thought I was in the right forum... beta, web client. Thanks for the link

On 12/12/2019 at 11:32 AM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I just tested this in the Web beta, and it doesn't happen for me. I agree about the very clunky procedure for doing it; but when I select the target notebook and click Move, the note is reassigned to the target and remains in view in the editor. Strange.

1. Good news: it looks like Evernote has fixed this. I had first reported this to them via another channel about two months ago. Three cheers, Evernote, for fixing it! Now if we can get a less cludgy way of moving the note to a new notebook (like the way it was before) that would be good.
  • Thanks 2
  • 1 month later...

I want to update this topic: here is where the buggy behavior happens:

2. Instinctively, through many years of using Evernote, I tap on the Notebook icon right at the top of the editor window.
  3. Oops. That's no longer the way to move a note.
  6. BOOM! Note totally disappears 

Please fix it!

Thank you!

Mark

3 hours ago, Mark78 said:

I want to update this topic: here is where the buggy behavior happens:

3. Oops. That's no longer the way to move a note.
  6. BOOM! Note totally disappears 

Please fix it!

Thank you!

Mark

Hi, I also can't reproduce such error. Moving notes between notebooks works fine for me in Web Beta (under FF).

Which browser do you use? Do you use any browser extension (ad/cookies/scripts blocker), which may cause this?

BR

Piotr

On 12/14/2019 at 3:14 PM, Mark78 said:
  1. Good news: it looks like Evernote has fixed this. I had first reported this to them via another channel about two months ago. Three cheers, Evernote, for fixing it! Now if we can get a less cludgy way of moving the note to a new notebook (like the way it was before) that would be good.

It depends where you are when you move the note. If you have "All Notes" selected then when you select another notebook to move the note to then that note stays in focus. However if you are in a specific notebook then when you move a note to another notebook yes it goes away and the focus switches to the next note in the notebook you are in. 

I agree that this wants fixing, or the ability to open the note in a separate window which you can do in the windows evernote app, then you can keep the note in focus.

I agree about the cumbersome way to move a note between notebooks, not only is it three steps but there is no way of quickly selecting a notebook from the picker, no "recently used" at the top of the list, or search facility. You have to scroll down until you find the notebook you want. This is a step back from the old web version which did have a drop down picker when you clicked on the notebook icon at the top of the note. Same with tags too, which, it would make more sense if the tag selector was at the top of the note as in the windows app and not hidden away at the bottom on the web version.

• Like 1
On 1/20/2020 at 10:52 AM, Kolmir said:

Hi, I also can't reproduce such error. Moving notes between notebooks works fine for me in Web Beta (under FF).

Which browser do you use? Do you use any browser extension (ad/cookies/scripts blocker), which may cause this?

BR

Piotr

Problem happening on Chrome, running in Incognito mode.

Just for chuckles: i did a fresh install of FireFox. No addons, extensions, nuthin'! Same thing.

Like I said, "It's a bug!"

• Confused 1