Evernote causes youtube to play in the background

When I open the Evernote Android app it starts playing youtube in the background.  It also triggers background play when I use the youtube share feature to share a video with Evernote.  After I've shared the video to Evernote Youtube will random stop the video I'm watching and play something else in the background.  I have a galaxy note 9.  Does this happen to anyone else?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This has been happening to me for quite sometime.  It's annoying as ***** and is definitely a bug.  The only way to stop the background play of a youtube video is to start the evernote app and then kill it.  It comes right back, though, the next time I share a video with evernote or even just start up the evernote app to look for a note.  Currently I have a Note 9.

• Level 5

I've never tried sharing a YouTube link, so I haven't experienced this. But if it's happening consistently, since everyone who's reporting it here has a Premium subscription, some reports to Support might be in order: https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new. @AndreasM, are you saying you've reported it to support several times with no response, or just referring to the reports here?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I arrived here because I have the same annoying problem. If I have or recently had Youtube open then open Evernote, then some stupid audio starts playing and there is no way to see it. Only fix is to "close all" apps. Making me HATE Evernote and actively seeking alternatives. 

20 hours ago, Relic44 said:

I arrived here because I have the same annoying problem. If I have or recently had Youtube open then open Evernote, then some stupid audio starts playing and there is no way to see it. Only fix is to "close all" apps. Making me HATE Evernote and actively seeking alternatives. 

I hate it too, but you don't have to close all apps. Just force close the Evernote app. I have android. I display the running apps and close Evernote.  That shuts down the background YouTube. It's not fool proof. Sometimes it starts back up later at random times. It works 95% of the time.

I recently had a similar problem. I used the web clipper to capture a page with some auto-playing ads. These then started playing in android. To fix this, i edited the note to remove the ads. Not sure, if this is the same problem you've been having.

• 8 months later...

Hello, I'm also experiencing the youtube playback as well. It happens when I share from youtube to evernote. Sometimes, I'm not using my phone for more than an hour and it starts playing in the background at random times. I'm using a Samsum Galaxy S8+. Is there a way to fix this problem or has anyone been able to solve this issue?

Supposedly the newest version of EN on Android does. I have no way to confirm because almost two months after release it's still not available in the Play store for me. The only version I see on the store is 8.13 and that has this issue. All I get from support is a verbal handjob. Needless to say I stopped paying for the subscription until it gets fixed.  

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, DenniEAPT said:

It does it even though I am signed out of the app on my phone. I open the app to log in and YouTube commercials or videos start playing. Sometimes even if I have closed all apps including Evernote.

I have the newest version of the Android app now and don't have that issue anymore - 10.12.1 build 3115308.  Check your version to see if it's up to date. 

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. It seems better. However, my webversion of Evernote hasn't worked since getting my subscription in Sept. I'm just getting all around frustrated with what used to be a pretty dependable app. Thanks for the help, though.