Adding a Table Adds a Line Break/Carriage Return + Delete Issue

I'm using EN 6.16.4.8094 (308094) Public (CE Build ce-58.1.6897), on a Windows 10, 64-bit laptop.

This is a small issue but a frustrating one for the OCD in me.

Whenever I add a Table, EN automatically adds a line break/carriage return between itself and the preceding line of text.  However most of the time I don't want the line break.

If I backspace the line break, that doesn't work, as it just reappears later.... If I hit the delete key on this line break it somehow selects the newly created table beneath! 

The only solution is to cut/paste (or drag) the text line above to where the line break is, which works most of the time but strangely not always, especially with older notes.

But then, after removing the line break, If I want to delete characters/words from the text-line (now moved to the position directly above the table) using the 'delete' key, I have the issue once again of EN selecting the table and deleting it, if i wasn't paying attention, resulting in me scrambling for the 'CTRL+Z' (undo)... so I have to remember to use the 'backspace' key, instead of the 'delete' key...anyone else get this...do I need to report a bug to EN?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Always best to report possible bugs in the release thread for that version - we're a (mainly) user-supported forum,  so Evernote might not see related posts as quickly as you'd like out here in the general comments.  Not sure whether this is a bug or a design choice,  but I agree Tables and line spacing don't seem to get on that well.  Worth bringing to Evernote's attention,  though you might have to live with this for a while...  I'll flag it up in the main thread.

• Level 5

It sounds as if the Evernote program is inserting that apparently blank line as a buffer of some kind between the table and the surrounding text--exactly what you don't want them to do, but perhaps necessary for the way the underlying code creates and controls the table. Sounds like it might be safer to just accept the inevitable and live with the blank line and whatever necessitates its presence.

• Level 5*

Since new tables were introduced there is a blank line above the table to accommodate the table UI and another blank line above that.  Delete the top blank line and it will return.  Similar at the bottom of the table, there is a blank line but it can't be accessed.   It is on purpose for whatever reason. 

Archived