Updated time not updated for note after tags are added to the note

Ayudh

The company i work for develops a note/research management system which provides an option to the clients to sync their notes to Evernote and vice versa. Hence, the system relies heavily on the Evernote api. So when the user syncs for the first time, we fetch all his notes, save them into our system and store the time at which this sync was done. In the following iterations, we fetch all the notes updated/created by the user after the last sync time stored in our system, using the NoteFilter provided by Evernote. In the existing architecture of Evernote, suppose the user adds tags to a note without modifying the content of the note, in this case we are unable to fetch this particular note using the note filter since the updated for this note isnt modified (Since, Updated for a note doesnt get modified on addition of tags to a note) . Any solutions/ work arounds for this particular problem will be appreciated. Thanks!

• Level 5*
On 2018-02-07 at 5:36 AM, Ayudh said:

we are unable to fetch this particular note using the note filter since the updated for this note isnt modified

I have a vague concept that update date is not used to trigger updates.  A web hook is issued for updated data

https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/polling_notification.php

• Level 5*

I agree that tags don't qualify for an updated date change - you might take a look in more detail at SureFocus,  which seems to do what you need...  (I believe it works with standard Evernote files as well as the Business app...)

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, gazumped said:

I agree that tags don't qualify for an updated date change

Why do you agree with this design?
I'd like to see any change qualify.  This includes contents and metadata (title, tags, notebook ...) without distinction

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, DTLow said:

Why do you agree with this design?

Er - I was actually agreeing with you that for some reason Evernote don't regard edited tags as an update.  I haven't actually considered whether or not I agree with the policy: I'm not using Evernote in a situation which requires me to register the date of such edits,  though I can see where the OP would want it...

Archived