[Feature Request] Keyboard Shortcut for Text Coloring

rkr12

Idea

Hello,

I was wondering if there are any plans to add some kind of keyboard shortcut to access a color picker for text in the Windows desktop client. I know there's Ctrl+D to open a full text formatting dialog - not sure how it is in Mac but on Windows 7 it opens up a horrible Win'95-esque dialog with an unchangeable palette of colors that are just about the ugliest ones available on the visible part of the electromagnetic spectrum. The Evernote native palette on the note toolbar is much nicer, but can only be accessed via the mouse as far as I'm aware. I would love it if a quick and handy text-color-modding keyboard shortcut existed, since it would make coloring up my text so much easier if I could do it using just the keyboard. 

• Like 3

13 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, csihilling said:

Not a lot different on Win 10.

I think that @rkr12 is talking about the one you get by clicking on the Text Color dropdown on the note editing toolbar.

I believe that the dialog in question is the standard Windows font dialog: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms646958(v=vs.85).aspx#_win32_Customizing_the_Font_Dialog_Box_for_Win7. The developer can customize this to some extent; not sure that the color selection can be customized, though (if it were earlier in the evening here, I'd chase that more, oh well).

• Level 5*
On 9/26/2017 at 10:10 PM, jefito said:

I think that @rkr12 is talking about the one you get by clicking on the Text Color dropdown on the note editing toolbar.

I believe that the dialog in question is the standard Windows font dialog: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms646958(v=vs.85).aspx#_win32_Customizing_the_Font_Dialog_Box_for_Win7. The developer can customize this to some extent; not sure that the color selection can be customized, though (if it were earlier in the evening here, I'd chase that more, oh well).

Could be for sure.  I was responding to the Ctrl+D bit.  

On 9/26/2017 at 5:08 PM, CalS said:

Not a lot different on Win 10.

ScreenClip.png.760a74a09a67be94487752f96ef89d9d.png

Although I am all for more colors, shortcuts, I honestly like the options in the CTRL + D option because once I do the CTRL + D, I do an ALT + C and hit B for blue, or R for red which speeds things up a lot. 

Now that I said, they will change that. :) 

• Thanks 2

Is there any update on this? I am wondering what should I do if I want to use some keyboard shortcut to change color for selected text on Mac? I don't want to open the dropdown and down select the color

Is there any update on this? I am wondering what should I do if I want to use some keyboard shortcut to change color for selected text on Mac? I don't want to open the dropdown and down select the color

On 11/5/2019 at 11:00 AM, loynis.armitage said:

@jumarko Thanks for that idea, works great! Except that it changes the font and size even though I have unchecked them. Do you know a way to not change that?

Hm, I haven't noticed that.