New lines get lost when copy/pasting plain text

Just wanted to report an issue I noticed since the last 2 versions. My current version is 6.7.4.5741 (CE Build ce-1.28.2184).

Whenever I copy/paste text from any text editor like notepad++ the newlines get lost.

e.g.

If I have this text in notepad++

####
test1

test2
####

and I copy/paste it in a new note in Evernote the text gets pasted as

####
test1
test2
####

Can someone please look into this and confirm.

Thanks,

Alien Glow

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
12 hours ago, Alien Glow said:

Issue still there in 6.8 Beta 1.

I have reverted back to 6.5.4

Regards,

Alien Glow

YMMV, but I find that is I use Wordpad that the line spacing is maintained, drag and drop or copy/paste.  I adjust the Wordpad default to single space with no space after paragraph to avoid any confusion.  Still a PITA workaround.

• Level 5*
35 minutes ago, csihilling said:

YMMV, but I find that is I use Wordpad that the line spacing is maintained, drag and drop or copy/paste.  I adjust the Wordpad default to single space with no space after paragraph to avoid any confusion.  Still a PITA workaround.

Yes, WordPad works with rich text, so that's probably why that works. From a plain text editor, that's not the case, currently. I reported this in the 6.8.1 beta post.

• Level 5

Let me just say that I hope they'll fix these formatting and pasting problems before 6.8 is released. I've been just not updating, not wanting to deal with the mess. My older version works OK for what I do (which rarely involves tables, and if it does, they're simple enough not to need the enhancements).

Archived