DayOne to Evernote

iPK

Hi all. 

I have the version one of DayOne app with about 2-300 entries. Including pics and texts. Now Evernote has a password/Touch ID secuirty I have decided to use this app as my personal diary instead of DayOne. 

Ive done a search on how to export from DayOne to Evernote but failed to find any clearly and defined way.

Has anyone discovered a way to do this efficiently? 

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, iPK said:

Ive done a search on how to export from DayOne to Evernote but failed to find any clearly and defined way.

I see DayOne has an export > pdf function

You could use that, and direct the files to an Evernote import folder on a Mac

• 2 months later...

the pdf export is fine if you want to simply archive the data. I would be interested in a workflow to generate one note per day entry from the journal.

Dayone has several export options: pdf, json, html and text. Does anyone have a suggestion to achieve the above with one of these options?

• 7 months later...

Hey guys,

I'm upping this topic as I am also looking for that kind of wizardry.

Any improvements ? solutions ? Everything that I can find is like from a looong time ago, doesn't work or isn't made in order to perform that task.

Thanks !

On 2/20/2018 at 11:23 AM, Nhip said:

Hey guys,

I'm upping this topic as I am also looking for that kind of wizardry.

Any improvements ? solutions ? Everything that I can find is like from a looong time ago, doesn't work or isn't made in order to perform that task.

Thanks !

This is not the exact solution to this problem but something for DayOne users to keep in mind. You can create a note in Evernote and save it to DayOne based on the tag so you should be able to reverse this to create an IFTTT from DayOne to Evernote for your NEW journal entries.

If you are trying to abandon DayOne and solely use Evernote, this obviously will not work. For me, I love how DayOne works, looks, feels and it is a separate app function for me. On this day feature, or the calendar view are something Evernote cannot provide (nor do I expect from the note taking app). As long as, I know how I differentiate apps for usages, I am ok using multiple specialized apps. 

Also keeping the journal in a dedicated journal app makes it more personal, when I open that I know I am in that mind set whereas in Evernote I have a lot of information from work to personal, from stupid stuff to serious stuff. 

Nonetheless, I am curious to find out whether the original posters of this topic had some solutions or what they have done.

image.png.7344d900fc540f633272adea82dc3e81.png

Hi, I was in the same situation a few years ago. I love DayOne but I wasn't very happy with the fact, that my journal wasn't kept in Evernote. So I have written an App with most of the functionality of DayOne to keep my journal in Evernote.

It's called YourDay. Please try it out on the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yourday-journal/id1095128827?mt=8

Website with  more information: http://www.improveyourday.com

I know, this is not the same solution your are looking for but give it a try.

Thanks for the answer guys.

I love DayOne as well, for the look and feel it has... in fact I have been using it for years. Lately I had some issues with cloud syncing that made some notes disappear in front of my eyes... Frustrating and definitely trust-breaker. And before that, I used Journler... which is now unsupported and cannot open anymore (so I have hundreds of notes I can't access :( ).

So my decision was based upon these two criteria : reliability of cloud syncing and durability of the tool (and if Evernote ever shuts down (please no), I'm sure there will be alternatives and tools to migrate easily).

@Chaosspeeder I like the feel of your tool and the fact that it is really build around Evernote ! I'll give it a try, even though my entry point for journling is mainly my computer. Thanks for sharing :) 

My solution to migrate everything so far : copy-paste, and manual edit... it'll take some time, but as the saying goes, the best way to eat an elephant is a bite at the time... Still, if anyone comes with a clean efficient solution, it would be awesome !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived