Hi

I have two suggestions that I believe will make the user experience a little bit better when working on more notes at the same time:

• First in the future I would like to see a the possibility of pinning a note you are working on inside of the notebook, so it always will be on top.
  • Next I hope to see the possibility of tab like changing between notes, as you sometimes need to switch between two notes placed in two different notebooks.  

Best regards Mathias

• Level 5*

Hi.  I guess they're 'nice to have' features,  but I'd far rather have a full-featured editor working seamlessly across all platforms,  tags syncing across shared notebooks,  and better note linking options (to name but a few). 

In the meantime,  to peg a note - add it to shortcuts so you can jump to it immediately,  or change the created date year to 2999;  and tabbing between notes - open one or both on your desktop in separate windows so you can switch between them.

• Level 5*
On 11/24/2016 at 4:04 AM, Mathias89 said:

First in the future I would like to see a the possibility of pinning a note you are working on inside of the notebook, so it always will be on top.

The standard way of doing this in Evernote is to set a reminder on the note; it will be displayed in the Reminder list at the top of whatever context you are viewing the note in (e.g., Notebook, search filter, etc.).

• Level 5*
On 11/25/2016 at 8:39 PM, jefito said:

The standard way of doing this in Evernote is to set a reminder on the note; it will be displayed in the Reminder list at the top of whatever context you are viewing the note in (e.g., Notebook, search filter, etc.).

Not if you use side list as your default view.  :(

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, csihilling said:

Not if you use side list as your default view.  :(

Hmmm, didn't know that. Thumbnail view either, it seems. That is a shame.

OTOH, yet another reason to use the Mighty Snippet View!! :) 

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Mighty Snippet?  Pshaw!  Nothing beats the info density and quick sortability of the side list no left panel view!  Just sayin'!  ;)

Top List View, even with the side panelScreen Shot 2016-11-28 at 8.36.33 AM.png

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Mighty Snippet?  Pshaw!  Nothing beats the info density and quick sortability of the side list no left panel view!  Just sayin'!  ;)

When you spend 99% of your time in sort-by-updated-date-reversed, sortability doesn't really matter all that much. When you have a properly tagged organizational scheme such that you can easily identify relevant notes, plus reminders to keep track of current hot items, metadata based information density isn't required. Snippet View FTW!!! :P

"Horses for courses" is standard, of course... :) 

I'd say that the reminder list should be an option in any view.

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Top List View, even with the side panel

I had the left panel visible the first couple of years.  I realized I seldom used it so I turned it off and never went back.  Picked up all that visual real estate so I have all the columns I need visible in side list.  The left ribbon in V6 of Windows made it all the better for me.  As always, YMMV.

• Level 5*
33 minutes ago, jefito said:

When you spend 99% of your time in sort-by-updated-date-reversed, sortability doesn't really matter all that much. When you have a properly tagged organizational scheme such that you can easily identify relevant notes, plus reminders to keep track of current hot items, metadata based information density isn't required. :P

"Horses for courses" is standard, of course... :) 

I'd say that the reminder list should be an option in any view.

When you spend 99% of your time working with search results based upon an organizational scheme that easily identifies relevant notes and tend to view them in created, title or tag sequence, easy access to the columns is beneficial. Having reminder searches a click away beneath the magnifying glass icon helps as well.  :P

All kidding aside, for sure "Horses for courses" and reminder list available in all views.  Though with the new save view properties reminder saved searches may work just as well for some use cases (mine).  ;)

• 1 month later...

I Love this idea!  It would be soooo convenient!  I've tried several different views and believe I've settled on the one that works best for me.  But I still find that Pinning would be extremely useful and efficient!  I use Google Keep simultaneously with this one because Evernote lacks Pinning and Re-ordering of tasks (checkboxes).  I know some of you Evernote gurus have offered quite a few suggestion workarounds here.  And I appreciate that very much!  It will help me in the meantime until Evernote adds a 'Pinning' feature.  I'm going to have to search for 'Re-ordering of tasks/checkboxes' in another discussion.  Because I would love to see that as well.  If these two things are implemented, I truly won't need to use another app.

Thanks guys! :D

Archived