Export

13 hours ago, Flemming1955 said:

Hello

Wouldn't it be usefull to be able to export notes or entire notebooks, for longlife archiving and other none digital purposes.

Preferable PDF og DOC.

regards, Flemming

Hi there @Flemming1955, welcome to the Evernote Forums!

There isn't generally a way to export your notes as PDFs. You can create backups and archives by exporting your notes as .enex or .html files using the steps found in the following article:

How to back up (export) and restore (import) notes and notebooks

As a workaround, if you use the Mac version of Evernote, you can right-click (or Ctrl + click) into the body of the note and select Convert Note to PDF. You can then download the PDF attachment to your desktop.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, Flemming1955 said:

Hello

Wouldn't it be usefull to be able to export notes or entire notebooks, for longlife archiving and other none digital purposes.

Preferable PDF og DOC.

regards, Flemming

PDF format is ok for simple notes, but can't handle attachments.

I'm using html for archiving.

• 1 month later...

I would also suggest to check out ExportNote. It can export all your notes to HTML and/or PDF, including attachments and non-synchronized/local notebooks: http://www.exportnote.com. It also preserves the organization in stack -> notebook -> note.

Mandatory disclaimer: I'm the developer of ExportNote. I built this application after realizing there was no easy and reliable way to export all my data with in single click. Feel free to contact me if you have any question or request of feature!

• Level 5

I purchased the Premium version of ExportNote and have shared some of my concerns with the company..

One issue that bugs me: the exported notes are sorted alphabetically by the title. Some of my notebooks have over 5,000 notes. So it is really difficult to find notes from a specific point in time. Many of my notes have titles beginning with YYYYMMDD (which helps a lot), but I also have many that begin with text, numbers or quote marks. ExportNote cannot sort by the Created Date.

• Level 5*
49 minutes ago, Jerome S said:

I would also suggest to check out ExportNote. It can export all your notes to HTML and/or PDF, including attachments and non-synchronized/local notebooks: http://www.exportnote.com. It also preserves the organization in stack -> notebook -> note.

Could you advise on how the exported notes appear.

I'm currently using the Evernote html export (no pdf capability).

The output is a single folder, containing a separate html file for each note (xxxx.html).  A separate xxxx.resources folder is created for attachments.  The filename is composed from the note title.

• Level 5

Here is an example using a much larger notebook containing 4,000 notes.

I screen grabbed two sections of this alphabetical view of the html index. Scroll down to see both sections. They are grabbed from the HTML index (individual links to the content).

• The first section contains numbers in the title. Because I use the YYYY-MM-DD format it looks logical.
  • The second section is the text titles. It is less useful.
  • And to make it more complicated, some of my notes with a similar topic might use number or text prefixes. So my notes created last week might be separated far apart in two areas of this huge index.

http://www.evernote.com/l/AAJQdRP8dt9HvZFw4sazzpo9oGBx6oZrcIc/

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
12 hours ago, Doodle said:

Is there a way to export ALL your notes at once?  I too would like a different way to save the files.  Heaven forbid evernote no longer exists as it's my lifeline!!!

The Mac/Win platform/devices have an export feature.  59d79a9613a7a_ScreenShot2017-10-06at08_00_15.png.bcaed60de813f9bfed33b4e88f2013d2.png
The clipping is from my Mac, after right-clicking on a notebook

I can also select all notes, and export

There are third party products, for example Backupery
There's also cloud solutions like cloudHQ

My backups run on my Mac
- a daily html incremental to a cloud drive
- a weekly enex full backup

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, Doodle said:

Is there a way to export ALL your notes at once?

You can export all your notes at once to ENEX or HTML format using File - Export or RightClick - Export from the note list for whatever notes are highlighted.  But you lose what notebook the notes are in. 

If you RightClick - Export from the notebook list you can get an ENEX or HTML file per notebook.  This is probably the preferred method for backup if you eve want to recover a note.

Archived