For-Evernote

Add word count to Evernote Android/iOS app please!

Idea

Adding word count to Evernote Android/iOS app will help Evernote keep users who would otherwise use other apps because of the lack of this simple yet essential feature on Evernote.

All kinds of writers depend on this feature! Journalists, content writers, students with writing assignments, short story writers, novelists, and so on.

Add word count to Evernote Android/iOS app please. It's 2015!

• Like 3

19 replies to this idea

This has been asked for many times, including by me.

Unfortunately, Evernote does not give out their roadmap so we have no way of know if they ever plan to.

Adding word count to Evernote Android/iOS app will help Evernote keep users who would otherwise use other apps because of the lack of this simple yet essential feature on Evernote.

All kinds of writers depend on this feature! Journalists, content writers, students with writing assignments, short story writers, novelists, and so on.

• Like 3

Agreed! the word count is a great feature, CONSPICUOUSLY absent on the Android and iOS versions.

Along with lack of text size/font/color control this is one of the app's biggest drawbacks for me.

• Like 1

I would also like to add my vote for a word count, and font sizing features. I love Evernote and use it for everything, including writing my novels, and a word count is crucial for that. So please, Evernote Team, if you could get on that, it would be very much appreciated!

• Like 3

On 3/7/2015 at 4:58 PM, For-Evernote said:

A real bummer indeed on an otherwise great app.

• Like 1

Hello all,

Thank you all for posting this and bringing this topic back to life. Have a word count would be a helpful feature to have, especially when having to write essays and work projects requiring this. Please make sure to vote.

• Like 3

Add word count to iOS - please. This is just a no brainer and should be easy to implement.

• Like 1

I'm going mobile more and more, annoying to have to boot up the computer (or count, 1, 2, 3 etc.) to figure out word count. 

Fingers crossed this feature comes soon to IOS!

I am new to the forums, but I also would really like this feature added! How do I vote??

Hi.  @Dawn W - Sorry for the slow response.  Top left of this page to add your click.

Please give the ability to turn word count on or off because it tends to link words together and interfere with typing in android devices. 

On 29/10/2016 at 1:13 PM, Pen Win said:

Please give the ability to turn word count on or off because it tends to link words together and interfere with typing in android devices. 

Hi.  The way I get word count is to click on menu and choose statistics.  How do you know that its existence is causing issues?