Has Evernote lost the plot....?

Phil Moore

Idea

OK, I must have passed out and I must have been asleep for quite some time...

I seem to have jumped from EN 5.7.2 and landed and hit my head??  When I came round I seem to have landed in EN 6.0.1

Now I am no Software Developer nor do I run a company that generates Software but any Application I have used would class this as potentially a big deal, going from Version 5 to Version 6 but not the folks at Evernote.  Minor releases, bug fixes would be progressive releases inside Version 5 but to leap past Version 6 without blinking an eyelid....?

Am I missing something??

10 replies to this idea

But to answer the question more generally,

uh huh,

with the new "workspace" they seem to not understand that their core users actually need to retrieve information and they are not listening

They got to v6 -submitted it for approval by Apple and in the meantime added some more bug fixes to the direct download version, so it's 6.0.1.

Yeah I think the release notes you're seeing are pointing out differences between 6.0.1 and 6.0.0

uh huh,

with the new "workspace" they seem to not understand that their core users actually need to retrieve information and they are not listening

I think the "plot" you and OP are referring to are completely different

• Level 5*

uh huh,

I think the "plot" you and OP are referring to are completely different

It's a plot within a plot. A sub-plot! But, which plot is which? Good to see you around again. Care to provide us any thoughts on the Penultimate and Mac updates :)

It's a plot within a plot. A sub-plot! But, which plot is which? Good to see you around again. Care to provide us any thoughts on the Penultimate and Mac updates :)

Wow, I haven't been baited like that since the Prince of Nigeria emailed me personally... 

Archived