Where is the "recent notes" shortcut?

TM_everN

Am I crazy?

It seems like there was a pulldown shortcut called "recent notes".

I can't find it anymore.  Am I just blind, or has it been deleted?

"Recent notes"should be an upfront option available in sidebars, upper main menus, everywhere someone might look for it.  It's what you were last working on, it's a timesaver.

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, TM_everN said:

...pulldown shortcut... "Recent notes"should be an upfront option available in sidebars, ...

On my iPad/Mac, Recent notes are displayed at the top/bottom of Shortcuts

839B786F-AF16-44A2-8CE2-53F3557550D4.thumb.jpeg.4ab03416b1cc659fb6b699afc1fd4ac5.jpeg

I don't use these shortcuts
My default note sequence is Updated date, so recent notes are at the top of the list

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, TM_everN said:

Am I crazy?

It seems like there was a pulldown shortcut called "recent notes".

I can't find it anymore.  Am I just blind, or has it been deleted?

"Recent notes"should be an upfront option available in sidebars, upper main menus, everywhere someone might look for it.  It's what you were last working on, it's a timesaver.

A particular platform?

• Level 5*

In the Windows application, you can use the Note History toolbar button to serve as a recent note finder. Long clickon the left arrow ("<") in the note history tool, and it should give you a list or recently visited notes. I don't know of any other mechanisms for this in the Windows application.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5
On 10/23/2019 at 10:22 AM, jefito said:

In the Windows application, you can use the Note History toolbar button to serve as a recent note finder. Long clickon the left arrow ("<") in the note history tool, and it should give you a list or recently visited notes. I don't know of any other mechanisms for this in the Windows application.

Wow, dude ... again and again, you and others point out stuff that's been right in front of me and I just haven't seen. Thanks!

• Like 1

Im using iPhone 13.1.3 and Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.5

OK thanks for the help. So I'm not really "blind" but the top-level (inviolable and upfront) pull-down for "recent" HAS been deleted.

And a new (to me) circuitous route, that can easily become 'hidden' is offered for "experienced users".  You can always (all too often now for Evernote) use Google for help, or wait for someone to offer help on the Evernforum.  But if you want a simple app without googling for new workflow with every (groan) update, well that's "the old days"---- they're over.  If you have gaps in your evernote usage, next time there will be an equal gap in your 'efficiency' too.

So here it is: Go to pulldown VIEW >> Sidebar options >> Shortcuts.  Verify that Shortcuts AND recents has a "checkmark" .  The hierarchy suggests that "recents" will be listed in the sidebar but it's not intuitive.  You have to ask on the forum (for example)  Recents is a sub-folder under "shortcuts", that you have to expand Shortcuts to make (recents) visible.

And if your sidebar is hidden, then this hidden route is one level deeper hidden.

And thanks ALL for mentioning the "other places" that "recents" can be located. "Recents" was an efficient shortcut.  You can tell I preferred recents to be in the top level pulldowns. ;) 

For my usage -  I need to be able to use Evernote efficiently without researching and re-learning all of the "upgrades".  Some parts of the user-interface should remain "static" otherwise Evernote doesn't work for the seldom-users.

evernote_recents.jpg

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, TM_everN said:

And if your sidebar is hidden, then this hidden route is one level deeper hidden.

My Mac sidebar  is mineralized; just icons   
I long-press the shortcut icon

>>but it's not intuitive

Seems like a good choice to list shortcuts