Scanning documents in Evernote

• Level 5*

Hi.  You'll be able to scan documents into Evernote with a mobile app or with most of the scanners on the market.  Entirely up to you whether you need a portable inexpensive way to scan a few documents,  or you should invest in a more expensive desktop option like a sheet-fed scanner.

• Level 5*
On 8/17/2019 at 12:21 PM, wretsub said:

I would like to scan documents into my evernote.  Any Suggestions 

I bought a cheap all-in-one printer that includes a scanner, for example Epson

but mostly I use Evernote's Scannable app on my iPhone/iPad

As @gazumped mentioned, a sheet-feeder is useful if you have a lot of documents

• Level 5*
On 8/17/2019 at 2:21 PM, wretsub said:

I would like to scan documents into my evernote.  Any Suggestions 

I use a ScanSnap s1300i, available on Amazon.  Small footprint, built in OCR with a sheet feeder and it is reliable.  Works well for a moderate amount of scanning.  But as the others have said you should determine how much you will be scanning and make your own call.

• Level 5

ScanSnap ix500, is replaced now by the ix1500. The 1500 has a screen that allows to pick the scan profile at the scanner. With the ix500, there is one profile active at the scanner at any time. If you want to change it, you have to use the computer. Both share the mechanical and optical side: Very fast, reliable, scans 50+ pages in one go. OCR is working fine, so I OCR my scans using the scanners own options.

For the single document in between, I use ScannerPro on my iPhone. Has OCR as well, and you can define workflows to send the scan right into the correct EN notebook, complete with a set of tags.