Evernote for Mac 7.2 Beta 2

Jason Creadore

Hi Community.

Today we are releasing 7.2 Beta 2. The release contains the ability to handle and save external edits to attachments in a greater number of scenarios, including when the resources are deleted. We've also include bug fixes, including some from the helpful community bug reports from  beta 1. Keep the comments flowing, they help helped to improve this release.  The release can be found here .

Evernote for Mac 7.2 Beta 2 Release Notes

New:

• An option to save external edits of attachments in a greater number of scenarios, including potential bugs and crashes

Fixed:

• A fix for an issue where an undo operation after the attachment of an image and an image manipulation would not save the image
  • A fix for a intermittent crash when PDFs were annotated
  • A fix for a intermittent issue where some nested tags would collapse, when they should not
  • A fix for an issue in snippet view where the top most note title was not displayed correctly when show notes in groups was unchecked
  • Level 5*
10 hours ago, Jason Creadore said:

Hi DTLow, We're tracking this issue and are working towards a resolution, with a fix targeted for the GA.

so you are going to release a fix to this that will be straight to GA and not to the beta community?

I am using:

Version 7.2 Beta 2 (456690 Direct)
Editor: 47.0.5287 (17d18b5)

I captured a bunch of screens using the menu bar tool (not a selection, just the whole screen), had them all in the menu bar, clicked Save to Evernote, and now they have disappeared. This is the first time I have ever considered turning off the betas, since I can't risk something like this. Honestly, overall Evernote seems to be running slower and less reliably these days.

Anyway, is there any chance these images are lurking in a folder somewhere on my computer? I really would love to retrieve them.

Still no updates on the "blank note list" bug that has been present for over 3 months now. No mention of this issue in any of the release notes. 

8 minutes ago, janstet said:

Still no updates on the "blank note list" bug that has been present for over 3 months now. No mention of this issue in any of the release notes. 

The case that I found for this (do a search for an invalid stack name, then search for the valid one) seems to be fixed in the current nightly. If you have another set of reproduction steps I can check if that's fixed too.

5 minutes ago, rezecib said:

The case that I found for this (do a search for an invalid stack name, then search for the valid one) seems to be fixed in the current nightly. If you have another set of reproduction steps I can check if that's fixed too.

When will this fix be released as a stable GA release? This thread contains numerous reports of other bugs and data loss, which makes things even worse. It's so incredibly frustrating that after 3 months this bug still hasn't been fixed in a stable GA release. 

10 hours ago, EdH said:

Installing this destroyed my column width preferences again in List View. Can we get this fixed?

Thanks for reporting. We would like to look into this issue. Could you share your column configuration (screenshot or instructions) so we can attempt to reproduce? 

7 hours ago, djwhelan said:

I am using:

Version 7.2 Beta 2 (456690 Direct)
Editor: 47.0.5287 (17d18b5)

I captured a bunch of screens using the menu bar tool (not a selection, just the whole screen), had them all in the menu bar, clicked Save to Evernote, and now they have disappeared. This is the first time I have ever considered turning off the betas, since I can't risk something like this. Honestly, overall Evernote seems to be running slower and less reliably these days.

Anyway, is there any chance these images are lurking in a folder somewhere on my computer? I really would love to retrieve them.

I have not seen this issue in the past, but would suggest looking in the most recent notes to see if the images are saved there. If you cannot locate the images, please follow up here and also provide steps to replicate this issue so we can look into a resolution. 

4 hours ago, janstet said:

There have been 2 rounds of improvements to fix the most common reproduction steps of this bug for most users, however, the bug is not fully resolved. The additional cases where this bug can be reproduced will require an outsized effort, including refactoring significant amounts code, so we are prioritizing other bugs over the next month.

17 hours ago, Schnissel said:

With this version Evernote crash after a few Seconds (Mac OS 10.13.4). Any Idea?

How can I downgrade to previous version?  

I would suggest uninstalling  fully with an app cleaner and download the normal GA build from evernote.com

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, Jason Creadore said:

Thanks for reporting. We would like to look into this issue. Could you share your column configuration (screenshot or instructions) so we can attempt to reproduce? 

Here you go. When it gets destroyed, which is after a restart (not resume), reboot, or fresh install, it often gets reset to all columns being equal in width.

1724763322_ScreenShot2018-05-18at5_07_41PM.thumb.png.39307b338e55a4d0bef241b3b3ee83ad.png

4 hours ago, EdH said:

Here you go. When it gets destroyed, which is after a restart (not resume), reboot, or fresh install, it often gets reset to all columns being equal in width.

1724763322_ScreenShot2018-05-18at5_07_41PM.thumb.png.39307b338e55a4d0bef241b3b3ee83ad.png

Thanks! Noted and filed. Will look into the potential bug with the broader team.

Archived